Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the chromed coolant hose cover kit, part no. 29770-01, for my new 08 AW (pick it up in a months time). For those that have this particular part on their bikes, would I be right in assuming that this is a plastic piece that simply clips into position over the existing rubber hose. As such I'm thinking it is in fact only a half circle ie. 180 deg. therefore when you look at the sides of this unit on close inspection I would imagine you could still quite easily see the black rubber hose behind it. If anyone could confirm this for me it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Can't tell you the part number, but the one I have is like the original, but chrome (made of metal). It costs me just over $75. They do make a plastic one that just somehow clips on, but I didn't want to go with that one.

You may also consider the steel braided hose too.

·
Registered
353 Posts
There is a metal frame that clamps around the hose, then the chrome cover is attached to this frame via 4 screws. The hose cover actually extends past the hose (toward the engine) and you can't see the black hose from either side. It aslo flairs at the top to help cover the "T" joint under the frame.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
You may also consider the steel braided hose too.
I went this route. I love the look of it, but for such a simple little part it was a b!tch to put on, it took me about 2 1/2 hours and I was bleeding like a stuck pig from about 12 different puncture wounds.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I installed that cover. Took about 5 minutes, I think mine was metal not plastic. I'll check next time I go for a ride.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
mwdhand said:
I went this route. I love the look of it, but for such a simple little part it was a b!tch to put on, it took me about 2 1/2 hours and I was bleeding like a stuck pig from about 12 different puncture wounds.
:them: Never again.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
mwdhand said:
Funny, this happened to me also, but, I completely ruined the small hose and had to buy another one. Then, I realized I liked the look of the solid black small hose in the back. Not going to tell how long it took me, but it took me longer than 2.5 hours and loss of blood.:banghead:

Here is a pic of the hose with the metal cover on top. Took this picture last night. The small cover on the bottom of the hose comes with the braided hose line kit. Scotch brite padded the chrome to get the brushed aluminum look also.

To get the close-up pic of the hose, I couldn't get a good shot of the girl sitting on the bike with nothing but a thong on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts