Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set reduced reach bars which included a chrome [bangos] brake line,I'm trying to locate the clutch line that matches. The dealer can't find one that goes with bars, he did call HD and he said that they don't have one and didn't know when they would make one.This is all that I need to install my new goodys that are setting on the work bench. :hmm:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Speaking of hydroulic lines when switching to HD dragbars, I thought working out the slack on the clutch line was fairly easy. However the brake line is another issue. I made it work however there still to much line left which kind of makes it bind on the Triple Tree. What have you all done to make this look exactly right?

Mac

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I replaced my entire brake and clutch lines, including all fittings, metal tubing, etc with Russell components. I also have the drag bars on my bike. My dealer ordered everything for me and installed it to fit perfectly. It really looks sharp now without that painted metal tubing and fittings everywhere.
See this thread for more details.
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2841&page=1&highlight=russell

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fehrc....the ends, tubing, splitter, fitting are chrome so WHY don't they offer the matching clutch cable? The hose is nice!!!!!!!! Saw you post on your hoses very nice!

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
So, all you are looking for VrodG is the clutch hose/cable? If so, I'm sure you could buy the cable from Russell as I think it's a match - at least they match my HD throttle and idle cables.
Also, you said you bought the reduced reach bars and it came with all the chrome fittings, etc - I didn't know these bars came with this stuff - or did you have to buy it separately? And did you buy it all from HD? Just curious.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes this is all included with the reduced reach bars. if you look it up it even give the part # for the brake hose. that is what I don't understand. HD makes the but not the other..

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
That is strange to offer one but not the other. This is HD though so it shouldn't surprise me.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
If you can't find anything from HD then you might want to try Russell. Since my Russell cables match my HD idle and throttle cables I would assume they'd match your brake line as well. Just another option in case your HD search comes up empty.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
FYI, Goodridge makes custom lines as well... I have theie brake lines on my Softail, along with these slick banjo fittings from Ness:

you can buy lines in premade lengths and all the fittings you need from most manufacturers, and Ness as well. Tose button head banjo bolts are available separately and seem to work well with stock lines, except for single-caliper front brake master cylinders.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doc.. I can have a goodrich line made at the dealer,just don't understand why they don't offer the other.Maybe my dealer can't find it? Thanks everyone!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
VrodG said:
Doc.. I can have a goodrich line made at the dealer,just don't understand why they don't offer the other.Maybe my dealer can't find it? Thanks everyone!
IMHO, most parts guys at the dealers are putzes... call Goodridge yourself.

If no luck, measure the length(s) you need and figure out what fittings you need then order the lines and fittings yourself, and then post your findings for the rest of us.

The lines are pretty much available in 2" increments, with the ends crimped on, ready to mate with the fittings... you can do it!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Manhorse... ill have to call Steve and see if this will work with the reduced reach bars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts