Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the chrome cam tensioner bolt and looked at the install instructions is it really that much work or is there a quick easy way to do it ,didnt think it was going be a complicated mod i got it cos i thought it was a screw out and put new one in type of mod,,,lol , ive had enough of the big mods for this year,,,,lol

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Theres a reason you don't see a lot of this mod being done... :banghead:

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Sorry, but I have not read an easy way to install that part. I waited till I needed to pull the intake box and replace spark plugs before I did mine. With the plugs out I was able to roll the bike while in gear to get the valves in the correct position. J&P cycles has a chrome cover for the part if you do not want to deal with it.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grrrr already have the part,,,,oh well,have to keep it in box till i have the right bits apart,,,lol,,,,bugger was hoping there was a cheat,,,lol,

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
The first owner of my bike placed a big 'Hottopper' on there,looks ok.
(at least i always have a drinkingcup whith me)

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now thats a handy mod ,,,lol,,,,,but i will just wait until i have it apart,to put it in ,,,and hope its worth the effort....lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
When I did mine, I didn't turn the engine over, mainly because I forgot to do it. I read the instructions a few days earlier, and when I finally got around to doing it, I unscrewed the old one, grabbed the instructions to see how to swap the guts, and read about rotating the engine over. I didn't want to turn it without the tensioner in there, and I didn't want to put the old one back in, so I figured "screw it" and put the new one in there. I have about 2000 miles on it since then, and it's still in good shape. So, take that as you will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts