Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a chrome cam tensioner bolt on? I was thinking about getting one but wondered if it required any special tools or settings beyond a torque wrench?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
No special tools from what I recall. You do however have to follow the instructions regarding piston positions, etc (again from what I recall). My bike was going in to the shop anyway so I simply had them install it for me. Hope this helped a little.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought one...looked at the instructions and said no way....took it back.
I believe Drag Specialities has a nice looking cover that goes on with a set screw.....easy.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Not true...

Yep... Special tools are required.

First you have to dissasemble your airbox and check the position of yuor valves. The you have to use a crank tool to rotate the crankshaft to set the valves into a certain position.
Blah, Blah... It's not hard, just a PIA.
Instructions are quite thorough, enough to either guide you threw the process or scare you away.

I did one, and returned the tool.
I had the dealer do the second one at my 1K servcice... only $20.

I think it looks much nicer than the DS covers.

·
Pete K
192 Posts
no tool needed . i pushed bike in hi gear while looking down throttle for valve positioning when valve is per instructions r&r bolt. hope this helps

·
Registered
305 Posts
EZRIDER,
I couldn't find the cover you were refering to in the Fat Book. Do you have a part number or can you post a link to the exact page?
Thanks,
Zeeman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts