Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought upper and lower chrome belt guards from a forum member but the bottom one does not fit. The belt guards are the same as the picture on page 44 of the '07 parts and acc. book. Are there different guards for the vrscd? The bottom guard is about 3 inches too short for the stock mounting holes on my vrsca. HELP please:helpme:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Did you change to the correct grommet? The ones for the Chrome guards are a bit larger. FWIW.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No grommets came with the chrome guards. If you slide the bottom guard into the grommet at the front of the swingarm, the back bolt hole on the guard is about 3 inches forward of the rear swingarm mounting point.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
you have the SE belt guards....you have to drill another hole in the swing arm for the bolt.....no bigee, find a self tapping bolt the size of the original bolt and drill the hole just slightly smaller. The bolt will self tap and be removable...

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mustanggt said:
you have the SE belt guards....you have to drill another hole in the swing arm for the bolt.....no bigee, find a self tapping bolt the size of the original bolt and drill the hole just slightly smaller. The bolt will self tap and be removable...
Thanks mustanggt. On the bottom of my swingarm, the belt guard hole lines up with a casting mark, that must be where the SE swingarm is drilled. I'll get the drill and tap out. 1130cc rocks, always someone with the right answer on here.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts