Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh for heaven's sakes, I apparently can't post a new thread in the v-mod forum. New forum rules, old lady.

Steve, I wanted to thank you once again for the personal attention and excellent advice on all things v-rod. I wasn't at all in control of what Kalispell HD did to my 03 A, so they didn't get my tires or other parts from you, but thank you so much for getting my replacement pipes out there!

I don't think they had a clue about what to do with my Power Commander old-fashioned serial map and I'm sure they didn't update my map from the one I had for the thunderheaders. So, I sucked down and expelled excessive amounts of gas on my trip home from Montana.

But I now need a fuel-conserving map for whatever these pipes are I now I have on the A, which are blessedly silent. Do you have one for these pipes that overcomes the old mid-range power dip w/o sucking up too much gas? Would I be safe in using the old map Mark (mjw930) made for me long ago again? As always, I'm more interested in gas mileage than power, but that 3-4K dip on the 03 A is still a PITA.

Help?

And to anyone new to the forums who has NOT yet dealt with ChopperSteve, you're missing a treat of sense and expertise that's unmatched.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Steve is #1 in my book too. Sometime he is swamped and can't respond in a timely manner but his intentions are always the best. Plus, no one knows the VRod better than Steve.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Hi Val. Good to see you!!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Oh for heaven's sakes, I apparently can't post a new thread in the v-mod forum. New forum rules, old lady.

Steve, I wanted to thank you once again for the personal attention and excellent advice on all things v-rod. I wasn't at all in control of what Kalispell HD did to my 03 A, so they didn't get my tires or other parts from you, but thank you so much for getting my replacement pipes out there!

I don't think they had a clue about what to do with my Power Commander old-fashioned serial map and I'm sure they didn't update my map from the one I had for the thunderheaders. So, I sucked down and expelled excessive amounts of gas on my trip home from Montana.

But I now need a fuel-conserving map for whatever these pipes are I now I have on the A, which are blessedly silent. Do you have one for these pipes that overcomes the old mid-range power dip w/o sucking up too much gas? Would I be safe in using the old map Mark (mjw930) made for me long ago again? As always, I'm more interested in gas mileage than power, but that 3-4K dip on the 03 A is still a PITA.

Help?

And to anyone new to the forums who has NOT yet dealt with ChopperSteve, you're missing a treat of sense and expertise that's unmatched.
HI Val LTNS You would probably be very safe using Marks old map... what I am using. Donald

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts