Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 wheels 4 life
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else incountered chipping paint on the motor side of the front fender? It appears that road debris is bouncing off of the radiator and chipping the paint on the front fender! I can't think of any other culprit than that. I suppose I could put that clear plastic stuff for protection from further damage. Any ideas?

:banghead:

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
gpracer said:
Has anyone else incountered chipping paint on the motor side of the front fender? It appears that road debris is bouncing off of the radiator and chipping the paint on the front fender! I can't think of any other culprit than that. I suppose I could put that clear plastic stuff for protection from further damage. Any ideas?

:banghead:

If you are talking about right at the very bottom or lip of the front fender near the radiator, yep, count me in.

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
My anodized fender has the same thing - I just keep riding and it's the only spot I don't really worry about - and I'm a real stickler for "cleanliness":paper:

:welcome:

Brad

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Yup, I definitely notice it every time I wash it. Just one of those things, I guess. At least its in a pretty inconspicuous place.

·
Registered
134 Posts
metallica0099 said:
Yup, I definitely notice it every time I wash it. Just one of those things, I guess. At least its in a pretty inconspicuous place.
Count me in as well. Things could be worse tho. Be glad there not boulders bouncing off the trampoline or we would loose more then just paint. :D

TiGeR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts