Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I read several comments about child riders hanging on to belts that go around the passenger.
Coincidentally, I picked up an old MCN (year 2000) at a Harley dealer and David Hough listed the child strap as one of the top stupid ideas.
He says it could hamper the riders ability to control the bike in some situations.
Food for thought.
I would like to take my little ones around the block, but I cringe when I see a child under say 9 years old on the back of a bike in traffic.

Just my 2 cents. I'd love to see a Safety, and riding tips section in this forum.

Ride safe, Dave

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
While riding on our Red Rock Seenic Route one morning on my Ducati with a few Freinds I slowed to only Twice the Legal speed .A guy with His tiny Girl on the back Holding on to a Belt with 2 handles!I'm Going 70mph and this Guy Blows buy me at 90mph+!I had just gotten a $250 Ticket 2 weeks before"120mph He did not Jail me because I was stopped buy the second shot"I run a Radar detector mounted on my Bike with a Ear piece.I was Cruzing this week but this is a Posted 35mph Corner!When we stopped I was pretty upset with the Guy.It was the second time she had every ridden with him.He was one of the Stunters so he's not all there anyways but to indanger his 4 yr old daughter was NUTS! :soapbox:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
I asked about it in a thread recently, so this is interesting. There is a device where you literally wear the kid almost like a backpack. My daughter still can't reach the pegs, but it's all acedemic now anyway - the BOSS said "No fu(king way are you putting Chelsea or any other kid of mine on the back of your bike!" She is cool with me riding, actually encouraged me to get the v-rod over the BMW r1200C I was considering because of the price (was gonna get a jetski as well you see) but don't put a mama Lionesses cubs in danger mate, she'll rip your legs off!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Karl Scott said:
but don't put a mama Lionesses cubs in danger mate, she'll rip your legs off!
LOL. So true. A mom of a cub, child, whatever, in danger is one awesome force of nature.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts