what am I lookin at?

#4 ·
Nice..........

#5 ·
don't have any chicken strips, except the front tire

#9 ·
Here's my 260 Metz.

#18 ·
All jokes aside,I have 60 grand,or more in the 3 late model Harleys I have and I just cannot see turning so sharp that expensive good looking parts get scraped up on the roads.
These are the rear tires.In order,the 03 V-Rod,the 07 V-Rod and the Softail.
On the V-Rods,I use my heals as a guide.When a heal touches,I raise the bike up.

Attachments

#20 ·
All jokes aside, I just cannot see turning so sharp that expensive good looking parts get scraped up on the roads.
On the V-Rods,I use my heals as a guide.When a heal touches,I raise the bike up.
I agree 100%, that's why my bike is nothing custom or special.
when my heals scrape I know to raise my foot up further onto the foot peg so the 40 dollar pegs scrape instead of the $300 boots:rofl:

#22 ·
Obviously none of yall have the v&h comp pipe LOL I can scrape the left peg but when I get over too far on the ride side I CRINGE at the noise :(

#25 ·
I've been wanting to put an R on the track and run balls to the wall all out. Upgrade the suspension and just run the thing like there's no tomorrow.

#27 ·
chicken strips will depend largely on the profile of the tire - the 240 is flatter than the 180 dunlops. Even between 200 series tires there is a difference, I could get to almost no chicken stip on my metz 200 but on the avon 200 I have had the bike as far over as it will go and there is still a 1/4" chicken strip.

so any of you 240 guys posting up pics with ANY chicken strips are pussies, p much.

it's all good :thumb:

#28 ·
the new Metzeler Sportec M5s have chicken shit I mean chicken strip indicators

So I had them make me a custom set

[/IMG]

#32 ·
Yes, very happy with these. Only have the Dunflops to compare with so I don't know how they compare with metz or avons.

Its a very sticky tire so no problem with traction even in the wet. Ive had them since end of last season and they've held up pretty well. Better than I thought they would....and Ive done loads of hard accel and engine breaking...some rolling burnouts and a couple of hard turns...:D With this bike I find it hard to ride "nice"...:deal:

#36 ·
32 degrees or so (non R) with shocks compressed, just like advertised.
It's a long wheel base and a drag bike rake on the front-end, just like advertised.
I have wonder what people were looking at when they bought this bike and expect it to lean and handle like a Ducati!? In fact, it's handling is "average" or better for a big "cruiser". Add the rake/wheel base and its exceeding expectations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.