Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

We just got the information for this years Dre Heimann Softball Classic. It is going to be Sunday, August 19th.

For those that don't know, this is a charity softball tournament that is held in our son's name to benefit the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. The cost is $20 per person. All participants receive an event t-shirt.

Last year we a great group from the forum participate. We had a great time. I hope to do the same again this year.
This is a coed event. We definately ecourage spouses and girlfriends to play. None of us are pro athletes and this is for charity, so it doesn't matter how well you play.

For anyone who might not be able to make it but would like to contribute, they do have Corporate Sponsors and accept any and all donations and also allow for purchase of the event t-shirts separately.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post them, pm me or call me at 630-675-1669.

Attachments

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
I'm in, as long as I'm in town. I will try to convince Jade to come home for this as well.

Jeff

·
Dustin
696 Posts
Billy,

I'm hoping to make it this year. I have to check with the wife and kids calendars :) :)

If I can't attend, I will still make a donation.

Dustin

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it. I hope we can put together a full team or two again this year. It should go a lot faster this year. It is single elimination instead of double elimination.

·
Bored
768 Posts
Sounds good. Nichole and I are in.

·
Nucking Futs
1,109 Posts
I'm going to make it this year, Billy! Due to my back injury last September, I won't be as athletic as I could be, but it's for the fun and a good cause after all.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, thanks everyone.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a reminder. Anyone who is interested in playing, I need names and shirt sizes so I can put teams together and send in forms. I would like to do this by next weekend.

We had a great time last year. Hopefully some of those who played last year can chime in.

Thanks

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is everyone? :confused:

The only confirmed attendee from the forum we have so far is Brett. :notworth:
Lee and Nicole and Dustin, if you are still planning on coming, I need to get shirt sizes.

Jeff and Jeremy, thanks for your replies and your support. :thumb:

Now, as for everyone else.....don't make me :slap:
This is a great time for a great cause. I'll even pick up the first :cheers: after the game.

·
X - Kschues
1,327 Posts
Billy,

I am going to try my best to make it. I have a family party that day but am still going to try to make the softball game. I know that this does not help but i think that i am 50/50.

·
Dustin
696 Posts
Billy,

I'm in. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The twins were both sick this week and it's been nuts at work too. I just sent you a PM.

Kurt,

Let me know if you decide to go.

Dustin

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kschues said:
Billy,

I am going to try my best to make it. I have a family party that day but am still going to try to make the softball game. I know that this does not help but i think that i am 50/50.
Just keep me posted Kurt.

And Dustin, got your pm and replied. See you the 19th.

·
Bored
768 Posts
We are in Billy. Xl for me and small for Nichole. Let me know how to pay.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Billy,

Jan and I will try to make it. Our schedule is pretty shakey but we hope to do it. It was a fun event last year. Either way a donation will be sent. Shirt sizes S & XXL. By the way, we're in Sturgis at the moment, got here today, leaving Friday.

Dave

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
v-rod255 said:
We are in Billy. Xl for me and small for Nichole. Let me know how to pay.
Toys 'R Me said:
Billy,
Jan and I will try to make it. Our schedule is pretty shakey but we hope to do it. It was a fun event last year. Either way a donation will be sent. Shirt sizes S & XXL. By the way, we're in Sturgis at the moment, got here today, leaving Friday.
Dave
Dave
Thanks guys. As far as paying you can bring a check or cash with you or please mail it to me. Last year a couple of people mailed it direct and they got confused so I ended up paying those again on game day. If you need my address just pm me. Below is an updated list:

Billy (hafnutz67) & Lori
Brett (bmeister)
Dustin (V Rod 53)
Kurt (kschues) "50/50"
Lee (v-rod255) & Nicole
Dave (Toys R Me) & Jan
Mike (myke15) & Sharon ( Mrs. Myke15)
Mike (hdvrod2) & Corrine

Thanks again everyone!! :notworth:

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Time to post time and location. Registration starts at 11:30 and games start at 12:00. Everyone should try to be there by 11:15 so we can group together, get our t-shirts and decide who is playing where. If anyone on the list above can not make it, please call me on my cell and let me know by Sunday. We currently have 12 people plus Kurt who is 50/50. So if we end up with less than 10 I will need to know so I can try to steal a player or 2 from another team. I really hope everyone can make it. We had so much fun last year. :dance: The biggist differnce this year is that it is single elimination. So there is a chance we may only play 1 game. Below is a map to Aurora Central. The address is 1255 N. Edgelwan Drive in Aurora. My cell number is 630-675-1669.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...+Edgelawn+Drive&city=Aurora&state=IL&zipcode=

·
Nucking Futs
1,109 Posts
Sounds good, Billy! I just dug out my old softball glove. Everybody stretch really well so we don't have any injuries. Yes, it's for fun, but stretch well! I have to pamper the damaged discs in my back, but I'm playing 100% rain or shine.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
npd317 said:
Can I show up and cheer you on?
Yes, by all means. We'll take all the support we can get. :cheers:

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the weather doesn't look too promising for tomorrow. :banghead: but they haven't called yet to cancel. We will see how it looks in the morning and hope for the best. Please feel free to call my cell 630-675-1669 in the morning if you're not sure about the weather.
I do need to know who would be available on the rain date which is next Sunday the 26th if they do reschedule.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts