Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
I don't understand rule "b".
ok here it is in short. "don't come here thinking your going to make a dollar on US dumbasses."

because we'll call yer ass out!

YOU DIG?

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,912 Posts

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I could use a rear wheel, cush bowl,and pulley :)
I got lots of them. I'd trade for a couple pairs of blinker sized LED sets. :deal:
I'll give you a call tomorrow.

I've got parts on my bike from many members here. I don't think I paid half of what they were worth for any of them. I trade for parts often on here, and I really do feel that it is a community that helps each other out. I fully support the new rule, I didn't even know that it was happening.

I'll be giving you a call too RJ, I got a clutch in need of replacing. :D

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Maybe you missed it, but here it is again. The forum was started in the spirit of V-Rod enthusiasts helping each other out. A lot of V-Rod parts have passed from member to member in the same spirit of brotherhood and good will.
It is our most sincere wish to continue to foster this helping spirit and I know a lot of the "old timers" understand what it is I'm talking about. In an effort to continue this we have instituted the following set of rules.If you want to make money on selling your parts, that's fine, but do it on ebay. The whole idea of this classified section is to pay it forward. If you can't or won't do that, that's fine. Just sell your stuff on Ebay.If you do wish to sell your wares for profit on the forum, please do so by becoming a Vendor.
Ebay Cherry Picking is no longer tolerated.
a) Members who use the forum mainly for trade without becoming registered dealers are not being tolerated
b) Dealers or members who buy stuff at ebay or elsewhere and sell it with here for profit.
c) We invite our members to report non conformities
d) Non compliant sellers will earn infractions, with loss of Classified Priveleges. Continued non-compliance will result in permanent ban and exposure.
These new rules go into effect immediately.

I have sold more than a few items here over the years, some cheap and some I absolutely needed to get paid. Depends on the what and why of each situation.
When parts are cheap everybody is happy, however myself and have also seen others been presumptuously and uselessly criticized for "break-even" or close to "list" prices. I see no problem with either. We all have a choice ans can "walk". I'm not sure why that angers people but I was never aware of any rule regarding pricing. Perhaps a split classified?

I agree with and appreciate the "spirit" you mention, yet some are in a position to be more generous than others. I am also aware of a few members who stalk the classifieds and grab or attempt to grab every sweet deal put out there yet no mention of breaking spirit in that regards or mention of buying here and selling on eBay - and how could you even know? Ironically these members seem to have a loud voice complaining about this very topic. I have also wondered (concerning the spirit) about members who are consistently "turning" multiple parts in this section.

RJ, you have a big task. I'm not sure how you intend to weed them out - on both sides, sellers and buyers. I find the classified section useful at times for buying and selling and would hate to see it altered or removed because of a few. I personally have never garnered profit but it sure is nice to supplement the "mod" checkbook with sale of stock parts and/or unwanted aftermarket mods ect., and sure beats packin' it all up and doin' the swap meet all day as it used to be! LOL!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I don't care if people are buying speculatively on ebay and selling here (in fact they are doing me a favour, most US sellers are scared of shipping to Europe, whereas in here most people can see I actually exist and am not a a scam artist) but I do object to people taking advantage of the friendly pricing on here to make a buck on ebay. Stuff gets snaffled up by proto-dealers before those people who actually need it for their bikes have even seen it.

I'm developing a huge pile of stuff here, especially bodywork, much of it bought at a good price, while I decide which way to go, and eventually ninety percent of it will end up for sale. Hope no one minds that.

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
In the future the moderator team will take action when we see offers in the classified section for parts that were previously purchased (here or elsewhere) at much lower costs.
This also applies to "vendors" that buy stuff at ebay for the sole purpose to resell it here with high profit.
My personal opinion on an acceptable profit margin for vendors that resell parts from ebay would be something in the area of 30% - but this will be difficult to monitor and depends on the case.
In principle we don't want to see that happen at all and (in my opinion) forum vendor tags should be limited to persons or companies who want to sell their OWN products.
In my personal opinion someone who buys an item here from a fellow member and then tries to resell the same item here for a higher price is plain and simple: A GREEDY ASSHOLE MISUSING THE FORUM!

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
Cherry Picking Rules
Title misled me for I reside in an area where Cherry picking is in season right now. And they did changed a rule. Back then, they check the weight of your bucket and charge you .99 per pound. Now, they check your body weight before you get in and if you gain 5lbs before you get out, you get charge $2.50/lb on that.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
just popped back in to see why this thread is now 3 pages long.....oh, I see, meaningless replies....:spank::spank::spank:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.