Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you missed it, but here it is again. The forum was started in the spirit of V-Rod enthusiasts helping each other out. A lot of V-Rod parts have passed from member to member in the same spirit of brotherhood and good will.

It is our most sincere wish to continue to foster this helping spirit and I know a lot of the "old timers" understand what it is I'm talking about. In an effort to continue this we have instituted the following set of rules.

If you want to make money on selling your parts, that's fine, but do it on ebay. The whole idea of this classified section is to pay it forward. If you can't or won't do that, that's fine. Just sell your stuff on Ebay.

If you do wish to sell your wares for profit on the forum, please do so by becoming a Vendor.

Ebay Cherry Picking is no longer tolerated.

a) Members who use the forum mainly for trade without becoming registered dealers are not being tolerated
b) Dealers or members who buy stuff at ebay or elsewhere and sell it with here for profit.
c) We invite our members to report non conformities
d) Non compliant sellers will earn infractions, with loss of Classified Priveleges. Continued non-compliance will result in permanent ban and exposure.

These new rules go into effect immediately.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
:them: +2

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Down with That. Just ship all your parts to me first for final inspection.

·
Premium Member
11,214 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:plause::plause::plause::plause::plause:

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
:them::thumb::bat

Sick of watching a few of the people on here buy low on fleebay and come here a week later and try to profit on it...

I even had a person try to low ball me on fleebay and I knew he was going to head here with if he could make a profit...:guns:chair:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thank you.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I always appreciate you being around RJ especially when it comes to mechanical and technical support and I hate that you have to step up to create a new sticky about this kind of issue.
I've also noticed that some of the long time members haven't been around so much and I wonder if it is because of crap like this.
Thank you for all the help and support that I have received over the years from our members and this site has made me appreciate my VROD experience even better than I could have imagined.

·
Premium Member
10,796 Posts
People make money? I thought the rule was never more than half what you paid, and convenient payment terms! If it gets too complicated, just give it away! I do! Joe

·
Banned
744 Posts
I always appreciate you being around RJ especially when it comes to mechanical and technical support and I hate that you have to step up to create a new sticky about this kind of issue.
I've also noticed that some of the long time members haven't been around so much and I wonder if it is because of crap like this.
Thank you for all the help and support that I have received over the years from our members and this site has made me appreciate my VROD experience even better than I could have imagined.
well said!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
i never realized this was such an issue on here, though i havent bought anything in a while. hope it can be rectified. I think whoever gets officially called out by a mod should be put on a list so we can all stay away from their sales.
Neither did I.

If I think it's to expensive I move along or shop elsewhere. No big deal. It's not like anyone is holding a gun to Forum members who are in the classifieds shopping. Personally I find some of the guys here who buy and sell on Ebay and later here on the Forum very good to deal with and more than fair.

Isn't hagling over the price half of the fun when searching for parts?

Just my 2 cents.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I didn't stumble across this site until a year after I purchased my bike. When I did find it everyone was extremely helpful in regards to the "stupid" questions and such. I've read so many threads where folks have just sent parts for the cost of shipping to a member in need. Hell, I was lucky enough to be able to help out a forum member w/a free stocker taillight.
The feeling of "we're here to help each other" just doesn't seem to be around much.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.