Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had noticed my headlight had a wiggle to it going down the road. I removed the quarter fairing to try out the look when I found that headlight assembly athte rivets is cracked and broken. The bike is 13 months old and has 15,500 miles on it. It's easy to get to to check. lossen the headlight pivot bolt, tilt the headlight down, remove the 4 screws that hold the fairing on. If you look at the base at the rivet and wiggle it you can see the problem. Anyone else having/had this issue?

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
just wondering what the bike looks like without fairing but stock light still installed....just an idea,as I do not like the A light setup,as IMO it sits too low on front of bike,i like the height of the light on D/DX models and just wondering what the higher mounted light would look like without fairing.

thanks for the heads-up!
Dan

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
kfrey95 said:
I had noticed my headlight had a wiggle to it going down the road. I removed the quarter fairing to try out the look when I found that headlight assembly athte rivets is cracked and broken. The bike is 13 months old and has 15,500 miles on it. It's easy to get to to check. lossen the headlight pivot bolt, tilt the headlight down, remove the 4 screws that hold the fairing on. If you look at the base at the rivet and wiggle it you can see the problem. Anyone else having/had this issue?
Yes. since day 3.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...... :D

Some drill the rivets out and use screw type fasteners. Mine is creaky but have yet to inspect as the bike has 1500 miles. Time to charge the drill! :rofl:

·
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !
156 Posts
Had dealer look at mine they said loose rivets also and I hope thier fixed ok ! P.S. The rear signallight bracket is another flimsy issue that will crack or brake easily, they also have an upgrade for that, we'll see !

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Love the bike. Trust me, 13,000 miles wasn't done in MD. It was Texas (3,900 mi), Michigan (2,100 mi), and The Dragon (1,500 mi) plus all the local 450 mi day trips.

mmcc100 said:
Dang! 15,500 miles in 13 months in Maryland no less. You must like the bike....[/QUOTE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts