Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed tab proformance pipes , fuel manager and air filter. Bike now idles high and check engine light stays on but i see no code issues, rode bike for 3 hours with no stalling or other issues tahn what is stated, help?

·
Premium Member
11,245 Posts
What type of Fuel manager did you install? Whatever it was remove the fuel manager for a while and see if the problem disappears. It won't hurt to run a short while w/o it as a test.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the one that was sold to me by Tab performance that is should work with my VRSCR. Bike seems to run high in the 2 rpm range when idle and is showing check engine but no codes.

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
I installed the one that was sold to me by Tab performance that is should work with my VRSCR. Bike seems to run high in the 2 rpm range when idle and is showing check engine but no codes.
Rusty is not saying the that it is incompatible. Sometimes the piggy back systems can cause issues, Remove the system to see if the issue disappears, if it does then the tuner is most likely the cause and you may need a new one.

·
Premium Member
11,245 Posts
Remove the tuner. Test out the results. If the problem goes away contact the Tab folks and have them resolve the issue with their tuner.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I started getting a p505 code checked gasket which was not good and air intake hose has a hole that can't be seen unless
removed , so off to harley thursday to get gasket and hose. Hope it resolves all my problems. Tc
Will post results.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
follow up

so I changed the gasket and the rear air box breather tube and p505
code resolved, Have to say the the people at Tab were a great help especially Justin, pipes sound awesome and tuner works fine. I also have to say that I could not have done the research without all you guys and gals in this forum. ty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts