Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chat/Java

I was having trouble getting into the chat room. Mikelewis assisted me and gave me the scoop on how to update the Java and get my computer working. He is a real expert on this stuff. He said that anyone who is having problems should PM him and he will be glad to help out.:stilpoke:

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually Mike is having problems getting his Java together. The current version is loaded and the Java test site verifies it is functioning correctly. I’m no expert and thought a member might be able to help.

Mike, on windows internet explorer, click on tools, then manage add ons, enable or disable addons and click. A list of programs will show up. Scroll down to java and see if it shows up as enabled.

If it isn’t fix it. If it is go to tools again and look for Sun Java Console. Click on it and see if it brings up the product status, version etc.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Works for me from every computer I use....

Let's just face it... Mike should stick to racing! :stilpoke:

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
well there is a part in there where when the floater launches it says click to activate.. maybe he needs to click the box?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Java and some browsers and some machines just don't get along. I don't know what OS or browser Mike is using, I know he's having problems with it. I also pointed him to Val's post on the subject. I know I have one machine that works java better then all the others.

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
What server is this running on? I typically like to connect to IRC with irssi rather than using a java client.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
JaredT said:
What server is this running on? I typically like to connect to IRC with irssi rather than using a java client.
The chat is hosted by sigmachat.com. It is a service that I pay for with a yearly contract.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Max said:
The chat is hosted by sigmachat.com. It is a service that I pay for with a yearly contract.
Pay! That reminds me. Check the donation box.

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
If you get tired of paying for the service let me know, I know of a server that can host the channel and I'm pretty sure we can find plenty of free java clients.

-jt

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
JaredT said:
If you get tired of paying for the service let me know, I know of a server that can host the channel and I'm pretty sure we can find plenty of free java clients.

-jt

Thanks for the offer, they do more then host the chat though, they also run the interface with our database so no login and the server knows who you are. That alone makes it a nice service. But always interested to see whats out there.

Thanks David.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts