Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys perhaps you can help me out here. I am a jap bike guy historically but am ordering the 2008 Night Rod Special and was wondering what are the normal charges that a dealer lays on on of these?

At the moment I am looking at a best of:

MSRP $16,695
Security System $345
California Emmisions $100
Freight and prep $930
Doc Fee $123.25
Tax $1274

For a total of $19,467.25

I assume that due to demand it's normal to pay full MSRP but $930 for freight and prep? $100 for Cali emissions when I live in Nevada? If this is normal fine but I am paying cash outright and for any jap bike (I know this ain't a Suzuki) I'd at least get a bit off.

So, my question is... Should I look around more or just pay their asking?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
jlavallee said:
Hey guys perhaps you can help me out here. I am a jap bike guy historically but am ordering the 2008 Night Rod Special and was wondering what are the normal charges that a dealer lays on on of these?

MSRP $16,695
Security System $345
Freight and prep $930
Doc Fee $123.25
Tax $1274

I assume that due to demand it's normal to pay full MSRP but $930 for freight and prep? $100 for Cali emissions when I live in Nevada? If this is normal fine but I am paying cash outright and for any jap bike (I know this ain't a Suzuki) I'd at least get a bit off.

Why are they charging you for CA emissions in NV? Did HD start making bikes for ALL states now like Auto Co.s?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
IMO, the freight and prep are high and i would look to negotiate that down (or even try to get it waved completely). you're probably not going to get them to budge much if any off of MSRP for an 08 night rod special...

·
Registered
266 Posts
i live in NV also bought a 2008 NRS and do not have CA emissions on my bike

i think they are just trying to get you on them .. but maybe they do have CA emission which could be good if you ever plan on moving to CA

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
jlavallee said:

MSRP $16,695
Security System $345
Freight and prep $930
Doc Fee $123.25
Tax $1274

Send a PM to Mookie B and tell him what you want. It may be a drive to San Diego for you but I'm betting from that quote that he will make the drive worth your expense. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'll hunt around a bit I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts