Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day would like to put on some Kuryakan Switch Blade front pegs and match them up with the forward controls any ideas as Kuryakan dont do front sets for the vrscdx apparently what else is on the market ??

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you change to these be sure and drill the whole deal out a put a larger bolt all the way through. That little 6mm bolt will break in short order if you use any kind of heel rest set up.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If you change to these be sure and drill the whole deal out a put a larger bolt all the way through. That little 6mm bolt will break in short order if you use any kind of heel rest set up.
The stock bolt is complete crap! You can switch to a good quality bolt and you shouldn't have any problems. I use stainless steel ones on the extended controls I sell (which are much worse as far as force goes) and haven't had any problems. If you PM me you address I get send you a couple...

-Keith

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The stock bolt is complete crap! You can switch to a good quality bolt and you shouldn't have any problems. I use stainless steel ones on the extended controls I sell (which are much worse as far as force goes) and haven't had any problems. If you PM me you address I get send you a couple...

-Keith
I'm a big guy, big feet and all, so I went with a 5/16 stainless bolt all the way through. Now I'm confident they wont break. A good high strength replacement may be ok for normal size people though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts