Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, you will really see how blonde I am! My left turn signal is burnt out! I need to change the bulb and since I just spent $300 last week to have my 1000 mile service, I need to do it myself. If I wait for hubby, it will be next year!
I've got the replacement bulb, what do I do now? And remember, I'm blonde, female, and a school teacher! :sad:

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
mikeynkay said:
Okay, you will really see how blonde I am! My left turn signal is burnt out! I need to change the bulb and since I just spent $300 last week to have my 1000 mile service, I need to do it myself. If I wait for hubby, it will be next year!
I've got the replacement bulb, what do I do now? And remember, I'm blonde, female, and a school teacher! :sad:
The under side of the signal you'll find a slot, insert a slotted screwdriver and pry the lens cap off. Once off press the bulb in slighly and twist it off. Replace with the new bulb and snap the lens cap back in. :plause:

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TBAG809 said:
OMG! You been had......... :eek:
Now mind you, that is what hubby came home b!tching about-I don't know what else he got while he was there! That was with a 10% discount for being a local HOG member too!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VrodRick74 said:
The under side of the signal you'll find a slot, insert a slotted screwdriver and pry the lens cap off. Once off press the bulb in slighly and twist it off. Replace with the new bulb and snap the lens cap back in. :plause:
Thank you so much! He'll be so surprised when he gets home from work and finds that I did it!! :notworth:

·
Registered
984 Posts
good for you. now the fun starts. get a manual off e bay and have a ball. If you run in to problems this is the best place for ansers

·
Registered
62 Posts
bump

I'll try posting here first before starting my own thread.

One of my caps popped off while riding so I bought two new ones. The cap that hadn't fallen off was loose.

Neither of the new caps seems to want to 'snap' back on, nor can I get the original to 'snap' back in.

Any thoughts?

2007 vrscdx.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
9 year old thread revival? We have a new record!
The lenses should just back on, if they are the right ones!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did not buy harley replacements, but they do look exactly alike. Also, I still had one of the original caps on one of the turn signals...it was loose too.

I talked to a mechanic this morning and he said there should be some sort of a plastic or rubber gasket to hold the reflective housing inside in place. I don't have that gasket. Does anyone else? The reflective housing in mine just sort of floats within the plastic bullet.

Both of the caps are so loose, I know I am going to lose them on one of these trips.

Thanks for any input anyone can offer.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
There is no gasket in my lights. Some members put a dab of Silicone on their lenses, to help hold them more solid.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,957 Posts
check out the videos...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts