Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of switching to black clutch and master cylinders, but I see that there are already at least two people looking for some in the WTB section. So I figure I might have to go the Zannoti's / Hales route. I already have the black switch covers. I found some part numbers and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that this is what I need.

MASTER CYLINDER ASSY, CLUTCH, BLACK Part # 38690-04B and the clamps, part # 45044-96A CLAMP, MASTER CYLINDER & CLUTCH, BLACK

Will I need to replace any lines or can I use my existing lines? Will the pressure bleeder in the forum store allow me to bleed both brake and clutch fluids?

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Just rattle can it! :laugh:

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TexasV-Rod said:
Just rattle can it! :laugh:
Heck, I did that with a headlight bucket and I realized I have no talent as a painter. More trouble than it's worth!

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I wonder if they can be powder coated? Yours are painted, right? not chrome?

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TexasV-Rod said:
I wonder if they can be powder coated? Yours are painted, right? not chrome?
Correct, I checked Tyson's parts list and didn't see those listed. Also, I don't want the down time of taking mine off. Guess I could buy some gray ones if it was possible to powder coat, but it would probably end up costing the same as getting new black one.

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Nate552 said:
Correct, I checked Tyson's parts list and didn't see those listed. Also, I don't want the down time of taking mine off. Guess I could buy some gray ones if it was possible to powder coat, but it would probably end up costing the same as getting new black one.
If your interested I have a $100 certificate for powercoating at Tyson shop that I'd be willing to trade for a %'age of it's worth toward a donation to keep this ship floating..........Lemme know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts