Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a 04B with a high flow air filter and D&D slash cut slipon pipes and the bike was mapped at the stealership and I want to switch to the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 system which is on Ebay for $399. My question is this, I understand that the mapping should be adjusted with every change of intake and exhaust but being that these pipe set ups are fairly similar in sound is there any chance that I could get away without having the mapping changed or is it not worth the risk? It may be a stupid question but someone mentioned something about me having only a "Stage 1" tune or modification in a previous post and wondered if by not going with something radically loud I can get away without any additional tuning? I have a feeling the smart answer is that I won't know until I ride the bike but at this point I still have the option of not doing the mod at all and sticking with the slipons. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Ed

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
The only way that you're going to know is to have it dyno-tested. It costs $40 for three pulls here locally and you get a printout of your A/F at WOT from about 2000 rpm to redline.

Its worth the $40 to know.

·
Duke1
30 Posts
pipe

Hi ed I haven't seen u out anywhere I think it was down outsiders. I have that pipe it sound great an looks good. I paid 750.00 for it when it came out now its 399thats a deal..Well maybe ill c u out there.Earl:moped:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Earl................

Well, I ordered the V&H two into one and drop the bike off at Electric City HD tomorrow morning. The pipe hasn't arrived as of yet but there are only a few good riding days left so I want to get it up there. I'm having them mount the pipe when it arrives on Monday or Tuesday and they're going to install a SERT and Dyno the bike. I can't wait to see the printout from the Dyno. I'm never going to go as far as you have but this will ad a few horsepower and should look better than the slip ons I have now. I look forward to seeing you at Outsiders next summer.
Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have a 2010 Night Rod and installed V&H 2 into 1 competition exhaust..tough installation, had to cut exhaust gaskets to fit at cylinders... and pipes were very tough fit...must installed as "one piece"....powdered black looks great on Black Night Rod and they sound super... problem: low rpm surges in all gears....not a deal breaker so headed back to dealer to install Super Tuner and put on Dyno.... only way to really be safe and to really enjoy full aspects of the competition pipes....

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Have a 2010 Night Rod and installed V&H 2 into 1 competition exhaust..tough installation, had to cut exhaust gaskets to fit at cylinders... and pipes were very tough fit...must installed as "one piece"....powdered black looks great on Black Night Rod and they sound super... problem: low rpm surges in all gears....not a deal breaker so headed back to dealer to install Super Tuner and put on Dyno.... only way to really be safe and to really enjoy full aspects of the competition pipes....
:vrodforu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts