Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my V-Rod and am having trouble getting used to the forward controls. I sat on a nightrod today and loved the mid controls. Would it be possible to convert my V-Rod controls to the same location as the nightrod controls?

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
Yes, several members have done it. Do a search and you will find lots of info. BTW Welcome to 1130cc.com.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
As said above, yes...that mod is possible.

I know one person, ddavis, just converted forward controls to mid controls a couple of weeks ago. This was on hie DX, but it's still the same principle.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I bet if you post up in the trade section of the classified someone might go for a swap with ya! A few folks have done that already!

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Ride her over here and we will swap in my garage! Only 4 hours ride! :deal:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
vrodderD said:
Ride her over here and we will swap in my garage! Only 4 hours ride! :deal:
and I can help!!:notworth:

·
EXCELSIOR
8,490 Posts
It's not a direct swap if you're talking about doing it on an "A", "B", "SE" or other model with "swoopy A style" pipes.
The stock pipes interfere with the pegs and controls.
Early models also do not have the mounting points on the frame.
Later model "AW" models have the left side mount points but the right side is incorporated in a part of the swingarm mount.
A reasonable way to do it is the get the Kosman "Mid Mount" kit. Approx. $450
They have kits that will work with stock or accessory pipes in silver and black.
I'm not saying that a factory conversion can't be done it just requires much more work than converting the mid control bikes to forward controls.
Items to consider
1: change exhaust to "D" type or aftermarket to clear peg and brake pedal
2: fabricate and weld attach left side peg mounts to earlier model frames
3: buy/install right side swingarm bracket with integral peg mount
4: buy/install right side lower frame member and brake master cylinder unless you attempt to run/fabricate a linkage to utilize the forward mounted one
I know all this because it's something that I intend to do on my "B" model.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Yes, I assumed this was a DX. If it is an any other model, it gets a little more difficult, but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Welcome to the forum!
As said above, yes...that mod is possible.

I know one person, ddavis, just converted forward controls to mid controls a couple of weeks ago. This was on hie DX, but it's still the same principle.
Yep, I swapped with him...:D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
07DX said:
I'll come watch. And bring beer...
yes please do, no one else drink that yuppie beer..LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts