Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing my clutch on my 07 DX to a heavy duty one here soon. I have a repair manual coming so that I can do it as close to right as I can. My question is this, is there a gasket that needs to be replaced for the clutch housing? If so, what is that part number so that I can get that as well. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
I can't answer for the 07, but suspect it's the same as earlier models. There's a plastic gasket which I reused. You will, however, need a new clutch nut. These are purported to be single use nuts.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
I reused my gasket also. You will need a tool to hold the clutch while you torque the nut.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so that's good, I can reuse the gasket. What kind of tool would I need to hold the clutch while I tighten said nut. And this nut is non reusable, do you know what the part number is for this nut so I can get another one?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Why do you want a heavy duty clutch.

Why not just buy a aim clutch from the forum and it simply bolts in, no special tools needed.

i am running this with my turbo on my 07 and it hold the torque of my turbo just fine.

Also if you want, watch the video in the turbo section about the trask install... shows them changing the clutch with no special tools.

Btw the aim clutch also requires less pull pressure so thats a nice added benefit.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am replacing the clutch because of my friends words. He has an 04 "B" model with Boss Noss installed and it ran great for a long while but recently his clutch started to slip a little when he would use the nitrous. So rather than wait until it slips, I thought I would just replace it while I have the pipes off when I cahnge them. And his clutch is very easy to pull in even with the V&H heavy duty clutch, feels almost like a stock clutch as far as pull.

·
Registered
519 Posts
vrscd_special said:
I am replacing the clutch because of my friends words. He has an 04 "B" model with Boss Noss installed and it ran great for a long while but recently his clutch started to slip a little when he would use the nitrous. So rather than wait until it slips, I thought I would just replace it while I have the pipes off when I cahnge them. And his clutch is very easy to pull in even with the V&H heavy duty clutch, feels almost like a stock clutch as far as pull.
Stock clutch is actually pretty damn good - get some new springs - it will save you a shiet load of work.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,184 Posts
I have a turbo and used the same clutch but new springs heavier springs. Max suggested this to me, that is, to keep the stock clutch and just replace the springs.

Watch the turbo install video (fast forward) that Max posted, there is a part in there where they replace the clutch on an '07 DX. Looks like they used the same nut though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
dmlkm said:
I have a turbo and used the same clutch but new springs heavier springs. Max suggested this to me, that is, to keep the stock clutch and just replace the springs.

Watch the turbo install video (fast forward) that Max posted, there is a part in there where they replace the clutch on an '07 DX. Looks like they used the same nut though.
:them:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Or, install the AIM clutch pressure plate and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
964 Posts
:them:

if your pipes are off the aim is the solution, and its not that much more than buying a barnett clutch pack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts