Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent some of the NZ winter making changes to bike, some worked some didn,t. Had a fast back seat on and off looks great and i even liked the feel underneath but not enuf room under seat for electrics kept blowing fuses so back to stock till i can find a way for it to work.
kept the colour stock for now but will change next winter when i decide what i want, killer v rod from the forum made side license mount to fit NZ plate, and pipes were made by a company over here, so for now will enjoy the summer do plenty of overtime and save for some wheels and a custom paint job

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea cheers brett, still looking for mirrors and brake, gear pegs,etc etc etc i love the burleigh bar

·
Registered
234 Posts
What year is it? Have you tried an A model pillion and just gut the underside of it to see if it would hug the fender a little more? I'm definitely a fan of that rear fender too. JE/Custom Illusions?

Please shed some light on where you got the chrome belt guards. They're not available here (US) for my '09 AW and it's pissing me off.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my AW is an 07 and i got the chrome belt guards off a forum member from the US, saved heaps of bucks buying them from the US. I am surprised you cannot find them for your bike as these would fit your bike I am sure????

As for A model pillian i should give it a go would need some mod done to it but may work
The fast back seat will work just needs some changing bits here and there

·
Registered
234 Posts
all in all though, the damn thing looks sweet. I'm jealous for sure.

...and yeah, I'm pretty surprised I can't find the chrome guards too. oh well.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What year is it? Have you tried an A model pillion and just gut the underside of it to see if it would hug the fender a little more? I'm definitely a fan of that rear fender too. JE/Custom Illusions?

Please shed some light on where you got the chrome belt guards. They're not available here (US) for my '09 AW and it's pissing me off.
The part number is 60839-07 for the lower and 60837-07 for the upper, they have been available since 2007.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts