Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm sure you've noticed we've made some changes to your favorite V-Rod destination. I'm sure there'll be a lot of questions, and some confusion, so I hope that we can help any way we can.

First of all, we're still working to resolve some issues such as the photo gallery.

As we mentioned in the Motorcycle.com Intro thread, we have introduced ads to the site. These ads do help to generate revenue, but we are giving options.

First of all, you will see fewer ads if you are logged in. This will get rid of the banner that appears in the middle of threads.

Second, all registered members have the ability to turn off those text ads called "IntelliTXT" that converts some words into ads. You can disable these by selecting the appropriate option on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Third, we are introducing paid Premium memberships. These come in two formats, a recurring one-year Premium membership and a Lifetime Premium membership. Both of these options allow users to disable the column on the left including all of those ads along the side. Premium members can also do this on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today.

Also: the default avatar size limit has been lowered from 125x125 to 96x96 pixels. However, those of you who already have avatars larger than 96x96 will be able to keep them. But if you change avatars again, your new one will have to fit under the new limit. Premium members are allowed avatars up to 144x168 pixels.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi there,

I'm sure you've noticed we've made some changes to your favorite V-Rod destination. I'm sure there'll be a lot of questions, and some confusion, so I hope that we can help any way we can.

First of all, we're still working to resolve some issues such as the photo gallery.

As we mentioned in the Motorcycle.com Intro thread, we have introduced ads to the site. These ads do help to generate revenue, but we are giving options.

First of all, you will see fewer ads if you are logged in. This will get rid of the banner that appears in the middle of threads.

Second, all registered members have the ability to turn off those text ads called "IntelliTXT" that converts some words into ads. You can disable these by selecting the appropriate option on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Third, we are introducing paid Premium memberships. These come in two formats, a recurring one-year Premium membership and a Lifetime Premium membership. Both of these options allow users to disable the column on the left including all of those ads along the side. Premium members can also do this on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today.

Also: the default avatar size limit has been lowered from 125x125 to 96x96 pixels. However, those of you who already have avatars larger than 96x96 will be able to keep them. But if you change avatars again, your new one will have to fit under the new limit. Premium members are allowed avatars up to 144x168 pixels.
fix that logo! that aint no vrod engine in the upper right behind the coppertop vrod

·
Registered
479 Posts
i also dont care for having to scrolll down to start seeing the posts when i click a topic, that ad placement sucks

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will, thats not just something i can change like the chick from bewitched. No wiggling of the nose will change that. I have to get my designers to make the adjustments.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi there,

·
George
5,411 Posts
Where'd the gallery go?

·
George
5,411 Posts
AND why does both Premium and Lifetime appear under my name?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I figured that paid subscriptions would come with the new format. This new layout sucks with ads by Google etc, screwed up galleries, and everything moved around. What was wrong with the way it was?

·
King of Safety !
1,636 Posts
I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the way you have handled this take over. Its a business to you and a passion to us. I work in the IT industry and if you had any respect for the user – (me) you would have done this in the middle of the night .As far as memberships and Fees for some – I think you missed the point of what this site was about. Don’t get me wrong I support MAX 10000 % but I don’t support the current owners. And you wonder why you’ve had problems in the past with your forum take overs and why they suddenly fail. I will no Longer be coming to great wonderful site that you have destroyed in 1 day after the 90 day membership expires. I currently have access to software and possible server space for anyone who would like to try and go back to the old way .To any members that care here are my stats
Craig Elliott
Aim—pawpaw2me
Email – [email protected] and [email protected]

·
141hp/91 Ft lbs tq!!
295 Posts
"
PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today."

What about those of us that have been members for YEARS but don't write something every other time we log in?

·
onequickvrod
202 Posts
yea outlaw been here since 5-20-04 but remember screw the old guys that don't post just to be posting if i have a legit topic question or reply i post of course since i ride a v rod theres really never any problem with it so that means fewer posts from me and by the way Big-Rod what year and model v rod do you have?

·
Registered
394 Posts
"
PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today."

What about those of us that have been members for YEARS but don't write something every other time we log in?
:them::them::them:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
"

:them:quantity over quality:D

·
Noel
4,581 Posts
fix that logo! that aint no vrod engine in the upper right behind the coppertop vrod
:them:

Also the bike in the upper right is reverse image, shoot a pic of the actual left side and post that!

·
Registered
340 Posts
The site is now veeery slooooow!!!! Hardly feel comfortable paying to use a much slower site and where the owner's have no idea of the type of advertising I may be interested in. I find it ridiculous that an air cooled engine has been used in the mast head( or whatever it is called)

Whilst I have accessed this site from my office and home in the past, I don't think I want to waste my time with it on my slower home connection.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
so I have been here for a while (last fall) and because I dont post everyday to get my posts up to 1000 I dont get the free trial .

Why dont you pick a date not a post number

·
Bored
768 Posts
CHANGE IT BACK!! AND GO BACK WHEREYOU CAME FROM
I agree with that. I think my time on here is about done. This is the second forum in a month that I liked very much that got bought out out by some asshole and changed everything. I have meet a alot of nice people here and always felt like one big family. I'm sure the hell not going to pay to be part of this fiasco. I didn't mind slipping max a few extra bucks for the site. Very very disapointed.

Ps This site is slower than shit.
Later

1 - 20 of 176 Posts