Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here change their own rear 240 tire? Recieved my Avon cobra 250 and the sidewalls are real stiff. Looks like it will be a bear to change. I change my own on the flhtc but don't know if I want to tackle this tire.

·
No Affiliation
33 Posts
Rear Tire Change

I contemplated it, but in the end just removed the rim from the bike and had a local shop change the tire for 30 bucks. I'm on a budget and all that, and I still feel it was a good deal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I gave it a try Saturday. The front went smooth. The back tire kicked my azz. Ended up taking the wheel and tire to a shop and had them change it out. Now I know. :bash:

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
The rear rim on the 240 is a unfriendly design for tire changes. The low profile tire is just as unhelpful. 180 is no biggie. I did a 240 and it was a wrestling match to be sure! I'm busy next time for sure, what ever day it is!

·
OEM Diametric
360 Posts
Well, I gave it a try Saturday. The front went smooth. The back tire kicked my azz. Ended up taking the wheel and tire to a shop and had them change it out. Now I know. :bash:
Wish I had read this thread before tackling my Avon 250 today, I got it on but it certainly kicked my a$$ :moon:, next time I'm taking the rear to a shop!!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
For the $30 Cycle Gear charges me, and the fact they have a tire machine designed for sport rims - well worth the time and $$ to run it over there.

Yeah, I can see me wrestling with tire spoons, getting a $230, stiff sidewalled Conti Race Attack onto my $2,000 BST CF Wheel.

NOT HAPPENING...

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts