Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I changed my oil noticed a very slight black color on the first cooling fin below the chrome head cover on the rear cylinder. Wiped it off can't tell if it is oil, looks more like carbon. Checked the otherside, same thing. Guess for now will check it after a 100 miles or so. Bike only has 563 miles. Front cylinder fine.

Now it shifts a little rough between 1st to 2nd seems like it wants to jump back to neutral. It is a 2010 and has the slipper clutch. Not overfilled I only put in 4 3/4 qts as had experience overfilling my Dyna. Much easier to put more oil in than to get it out.Will ride a little more tomorrow to check this out. It always did clunk a little between 1st to 2nd.

·
911Punisher
129 Posts
Amazingly, if you switch the oil out to AMSOIL, that clunkiness shift between 1st and 2nd will be reduced dramatically. And yes 5 qts!

·
Registered
655 Posts
My bike has been doing that all it's life.I use it as a wash me indicator.
The clunk is normal to a degree amsoil helps and so does more pressure on the shifter(quick and hard)and not pulling the clutch in more than an inch(just flick it).I have also found clutchless shifting super smooth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts