Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body having trouble with there delivery date changing. I ordered a 08 NRS in May paying my deposit and was told it would arrive around early November. The dealer rang me early September and said it would arrive on the 26th Sep,two weeks later still no bike. Then they tell me there is one thousand bikes in Sydney ready to be distributed out. Today they ring me
and say it wont arrive for another month as it didnt get shipped when the factory notification said and this is supposedly the same for all V Rod models in this shipment. Is any body else in Australia or elswhere experiencing the same problem or am I just unlucky. It appears my dealer is as much in the dark as me.:banghead:

·
French V-Rod addict
68 Posts
Same problem in France...

I ordered my VRSCDXA last july 11th.
First my dealer told me HD France confirmed I would receive it around sept 15th...
One month later they told me october 15th, last week it changed again : december 15th in Paris...
So I directly called HD France, they told me the shipment schedule was changing all the time. In fact, I was told the MOCO did not expect most people here in France would buy ABS bikes !!!
Waiting my bike is like watching a pastry shop and no way to eat anything !!! :banghead:

Happy to read all the posts on this great website anyway...

·
Registered
223 Posts
If it's any consolation, I hear they are doing the same thing in the US. Originally, my bike was supposed to be in in July. Then August. Then September....I actually heard the dealer was pushing the date back to December due to availablility. I dropped that dealer like a bad habit and got my deposit back. Then, I scoured the area for a dealer that had a demo in stock and that's how I got my 08 pretty much immediately.

I know allocation for most bikes has been dramatically cut back by moco.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Makes me feel luck, I just walked into my dealers showroom looking for a Fat Bob and they had the NRS sitting on the showroom floor. Now its all mine.
Good luck, maybe try calling other dealers to see if they have one.

·
Gone
545 Posts
whylee said:
Makes me feel luck, I just walked into my dealers showroom looking for a Fat Bob and they had the NRS sitting on the showroom floor. Now its all mine.
Good choice---IMHO that FAT BOB is UGLY!!!!!!! It looks like an old "Trail 70" that at I used to ride at my Grandparent's house when I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
fafafooey said:
If it's any consolation, I hear they are doing the same thing in the US. Originally, my bike was supposed to be in in July. Then August. Then September....I actually heard the dealer was pushing the date back to December due to availablility. I dropped that dealer like a bad habit and got my deposit back. Then, I scoured the area for a dealer that had a demo in stock and that's how I got my 08 pretty much immediately.

I know allocation for most bikes has been dramatically cut back by moco.

exactly what happened to me!....the Dealer locators do not show the DEMOS on there...so when I called around,I found a DEMO that was just put together that doesnt show up on locator....so,i get that bike the next day!....otherwise i would have waited till January at soonest!...

If i wanted one,id be calling all over first!

Dan

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
exactly what happened to me!....the Dealer locators do not show the DEMOS on there...so when I called around,I found a DEMO that was just put together that doesnt show up on locator....so,i get that bike the next day!....otherwise i would have waited till January at soonest!...

If i wanted one,id be calling all over first!

Dan
Dealers are not supposed to sell Demo designated bikes for 120 days. If they are then they are violating their floor plan. Perhaps the MoCo released them from demo designation because of the allocation cutback?

·
Registered
159 Posts
whylee said:

Same here! Well, with the exception of a Fat Bob...well, one of the sales guy's name is Bob, and come to think of it...hes fat.. :blahblah:

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems that the folks towards the east coast are having trouble getting the bikes. Here in CA there is no such problem that I came across. I walked in to get a pair of gloves for my Rider Safety class and saw the color scheme I wanted on the floor. It had been there for a week. Needless to say I got it the same day. At the time of purchase there were 4 dealers with a '08 DX in the Bay Area.

It really sucks for those who have to wait for months to get their bikes. :mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sith1250 said:
Same here! Well, with the exception of a Fat Bob...well, one of the sales guy's name is Bob, and come to think of it...hes fat.. :blahblah:

What's NRS?:stilpoke:

OK I answered my own question....nevermind

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
mjw930 said:
Dealers are not supposed to sell Demo designated bikes for 120 days. If they are then they are violating their floor plan. Perhaps the MoCo released them from demo designation because of the allocation cutback?

MJ...yes another dealer told me that same thing...cant sell their demo..but when I found this one at another dealer,they said sure we will let you have it....so Im not sure who was right,just glad I got lucky enough to get mine this fall and not next jan!...

Dan

·
Registered
223 Posts
mjw930 said:
Actually, the dealer where I found mine that sold me their demo also had another 08 VRSC demo, so that's how they justified selling me the NRS...because they had another 08 VROD demo on the floor.

·
Registered
266 Posts
they did the same thing to me i was supposed to pick up on 1 October and now it is going to be the end of November

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
fafafooey said:
Actually, the dealer where I found mine that sold me their demo also had another 08 VRSC demo, so that's how they justified selling me the NRS...because they had another 08 VROD demo on the floor.

Yup,i think as long as dealer has ONE Vrod(any model) in stock,they can change the DEMO status to that model...but I assume this happens mostly when the first DEMO doesnt have barely any miles on it,as most guys wont want to be a true DEMO with hundreds of miles or more!...

I think if a dealer up this way,has a chance to sell a Vrod,hes gonna do it!..this time of year selling any bike isnt easy Im sure...especially Vs!

Dan

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
Jan 08 delivery - maybe

I put money down on an 08 Vivid Black VRSCDX w/ABS, security and Pewter stripes during the first week of August. My dealer believed at that time delivery would be in late Sep to mid October. I learned today that it may be built in December which means delivery in Jan 08 when it's going to be colder than a pawn broker's heart three days before payday. Still worth the wait.

GPG

·
WTF?
128 Posts
I got lucky, I put a deposit down in July and the delivery date stayed the same within a few weeks. I was told mid-September and got it early October. The dealer showed me all the bikes being pushed back or being cancelled on his computer.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like Im not the only one having trouble. Trouble is downunder in Tasmania- Australia we have only one dealer unless you take the one hour flight to the mainland. When I ordeed mine the delivery date from one Melbourne dealer was Jan 08 so I thought I took the best and quickest opotion. My biggest question is how my dealer can show me on his inventory the bike left the states on th 10 August and when it doesnt arrive find out the bike supposedly didnt make the shipment. Not a good advert for the MOCO, if I didnt want it so much I would get my deposit back and tell them to jam it . Trouble is I want that bike. I will just have to keep of line till I get it reading all the stories on here make me very envious.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
I have a buddy at the local dealership and he is telling me that Moco is dragging ass getting the 08 Vrods to them everywhere..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered mine in June and they said it would be delivered the third week of July.....I got a call on September 18th to pick up my bike. But this is nothing new dealerships do this all the time, I would have told them I didn't want it anymore but my deposit was non-refundable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts