Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Change to drag bars

19K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  boletobrothers 
#1 ·
Has anybody changed their stock vrscb bars for vrscdx drag bars or vrscse bars (or close after market bar?) using stock controls? without major changes to clutch, brake and throttle lines?? I am looking for a more aggressive feel & look.

#3 ·
A simple swap and go! I know drag bars are very cheap and as Gracie said everything will just swap over easily. SE bars are much the same as B and XR bars in as much as the width but I have a feeling SE bars are a little wider. If you want drag bars, use the DX or X bars.

#5 ·
x bars are nice, the dx bars still have a tiny bit of rise in them dont they?

#6 ·
VenomousSVT said:
x bars are nice, the dx bars still have a tiny bit of rise in them dont they?
Yes.. they are not flat bars.(broomstick). am guessing the rise is to clear the turnsignals

#7 ·
the X bars are flat, but they do have a slight bit of pullback...

you could always put those sporty bars on there that are a straight chrome bar, no rise and no pullback

#9 ·
05vrodder said:
Yeah thanks for back-up, My local Harley shop was trying to treat me like a mechanical retard and trying to get me to trade in my bike for a new one because of my crazy idea!!!
Buying a set of bars is a LOT cheaper than buying a whole new bike. I'm with the others, putting drag bars on should be a simple swap. There should be extra slack in your lines because the drag bars are lower rise and further forward. Just about any of the bars you mentioned should work. Good luck with your mod.

#11 ·
jesnic said:
Has any one changed to lower bars on an A
yep

see below

#12 ·

Reactions: boletobrothers
#15 ·
VenomousSVT said:
Awesome look. I am going with Zbars and risers only to clean it up. Once I get the foot controls off everything goes to the powdercoater.

#16 ·
glad you guys like the look... hope to get some new pics of the bike this week if it ever gets out of the 20's

#19 ·
bars look nice... how about the low down on that funky gauge mount!

and whats up with that passenger seat? :)

#20 ·
3OliveMartini said:
travis' bike looks even better in person.. very clean .. i love it!
thanks sweety! looks different with no fender now too

#23 ·
3OliveMartini said:
you are most welcome..you deserve all the compliments you get on that bike. its mean and clean ... where are the new pics?

and i have to agree about that seat.. it kind of looks like an elf hat ..
if I can ever get a decent day around here I can ride it up the road and shot some of it

#24 ·
I put the x bars on my dx , yes the dx bars have a bit of a rise and the x have some pull back .
I have pics in the gallery (not great though)

If you do order from HD then check the numbers , in the book the x bar numbers will get you the dx bars and the dx bars get you the x bars .

#25 ·
ger said:
I put the x bars on my dx , yes the dx bars have a bit of a rise and the x have some pull back .
I have pics in the gallery (not great though)

If you do order from HD then check the numbers , in the book the x bar numbers will get you the dx bars and the dx bars get you the x bars .
i agree bout the x bars though... if you like the d/dx riser and just want a set of bars for them the X bars are a great improvement

#26 ·
vmod

The low down on the gauge mount is something I built up till I can find something better, the positioning is perfect. I didn't like the JE illusion bath tub looking air cover. The seat is a corbin touring seat, it does look like crap but it makes the wife happy, I have a corbin young guns that makes the bike look a lot better. I have her torn down and working on a custom bobber rear fender w/ a 200 tire. I will post pics when completed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.