Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody changed their stock vrscb bars for vrscdx drag bars or vrscse bars (or close after market bar?) using stock controls? without major changes to clutch, brake and throttle lines?? I am looking for a more aggressive feel & look.

·
gracie
126 Posts
I think it should work. Depends on the drag bars you're going with, but typically drag style bars would have a shorter spread than the stock bars, if that's the case than there should be no need to be changing out cables.

·
Scotty
1,247 Posts
A simple swap and go! I know drag bars are very cheap and as Gracie said everything will just swap over easily. SE bars are much the same as B and XR bars in as much as the width but I have a feeling SE bars are a little wider. If you want drag bars, use the DX or X bars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks for back-up, My local Harley shop was trying to treat me like a mechanical retard and trying to get me to trade in my bike for a new one because of my crazy idea!!!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
x bars are nice, the dx bars still have a tiny bit of rise in them dont they?

·
celebratin MidLife
274 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
x bars are nice, the dx bars still have a tiny bit of rise in them dont they?
Yes.. they are not flat bars.(broomstick). am guessing the rise is to clear the turnsignals

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
the X bars are flat, but they do have a slight bit of pullback...

you could always put those sporty bars on there that are a straight chrome bar, no rise and no pullback

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just did this mod to my wife's B last week. I even drilled the bars and routed all the electrical wires through them. No issues at all with cables. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Merry Christmas!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
05vrodder said:
Yeah thanks for back-up, My local Harley shop was trying to treat me like a mechanical retard and trying to get me to trade in my bike for a new one because of my crazy idea!!!
Buying a set of bars is a LOT cheaper than buying a whole new bike. I'm with the others, putting drag bars on should be a simple swap. There should be extra slack in your lines because the drag bars are lower rise and further forward. Just about any of the bars you mentioned should work. Good luck with your mod.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
jesnic said:
Has any one changed to lower bars on an A
yep

see below

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
Awesome look. I am going with Zbars and risers only to clean it up. Once I get the foot controls off everything goes to the powdercoater.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
glad you guys like the look... hope to get some new pics of the bike this week if it ever gets out of the 20's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Job Done

Well after some grinding and drilling it all came together. I got these bars from Demons customs 4.5 rise 32 inches wide no mod to lines, only problem throttle cables hit tank but the bar feel great!!

Attachments

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
bars look nice... how about the low down on that funky gauge mount!

and whats up with that passenger seat? :)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
travis' bike looks even better in person.. very clean .. i love it!
thanks sweety! looks different with no fender now too

1 - 20 of 32 Posts