Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Go see the bike. If it's in good shape the price is right. Ask if he's done the valve adjustment. Depending on who you believe, it should be done at 15-20 thousand miles. Costs around $300. Be aware of that but don't run from the deal if it's not done. All other maintenance is typical and less costly.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
great steal I mean deal:thumb: Take it for a test spin and report back.
fuel flange/sock is/was a common issue for many of the early Vs. (no throttle response would be tell tale sign)
Even if the lash needs done & the flange/sock needs done, $4k is a great deal on an '03

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
If the bike isn't wrecked and runs out OK, take it! These machines are durable, 17K miles is nothing. $4000 is a great buy!

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
$4000.00? Take it. ASAP

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is a very good price. At least it is for my area. If it is in good running order and no major issues, buy it. If it isn't to your liking, you could still turn a profit by reselling it.

At that price, I would be concerned that there were no "scam" issues, like be sure the Title is clean, it hasn't been in a wreck with a bent frame, etc.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
dude you stole that thing

congrats

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
thanks for all the input guys, looks like I'm gonna go get it, bringing a mechanic friend of mine with me. Here is a pic they sent
Looks good dude. I see a few add ons (chrome). Take it @ $4000.00

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the input fellas. I did end up getting it. Seems very clean to except for some curb rash on the sleeve that covers the stock pipe. Anyone have a stock they want to sell me? Will post a pic, looks like an easy fix :moped:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I would pm o2man98 for Amsoil and a filter so you can start out fresh, then enjoy the little riding season you have left.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, ended up selling it for $6500 to make a quick buck, REALLY liked it though, hated to see it go. Looking at a 2004 with 6,000 miles on it for $5800 now....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts