Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have searched and searched, does anyone make the adapter that fits into the cush drive so I can bolt a sprocket to it. And please don't say V-MOD, been there tried to do that....Chopper Steve has had my $664. since 12-2-10. I have requested a refund, however I still need the adapter.I have a 2002 with a Hogpro widened swingarm. Thanks, Eric :D

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Ok, I have searched and searched, does anyone make the adapter that fits into the cush drive so I can bolt a sprocket to it. And please don't say V-MOD, been there tried to do that....Chopper Steve has had my $664. since 12-2-10. I have requested a refund, however I still need the adapter.I have a 2002 with a Hogpro widened swingarm. Thanks, Eric :D
Did you not get my PM? I may have some time soon to machine you one.

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I PMed you Ron! I never received your PM..... Thanks Bro!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ron, I have a dx and already have the front and rear sprockets. Any idea what this would cost? Thanks .

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Ron, I have a dx and already have the front and rear sprockets. Any idea what this would cost? Thanks .
I would need to make one to give a sound price. What I need is some measurements I need to know the space from the outside edge of the cush adapter to the out side edge of your pulley. Your outside edge of your sprockets should in theory like up to the outside edge of the pulley. I have no problem machining the lugs in and pressing a bearing into an adapter. Mine will be made to a specific bolt pattern so your rear sprocket may not match up.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'll get ya those in the am. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
1.035 is outside of Cush to outside of pulley. It wass a pita to measure and now that I have the whole thing apart, the Cush drive looks like a big turd. Is it even worth keeping? I guess I'm just worried about blowing the tranny. I beat the hell out of the bike, third tire in 2 years. Opinions?

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
I'm not too sure if it is work keeping. All the guys who are running the Buell wheels don't have cush drives and they don't seem to be complaining. I got right at an inch to the belt line did you subtract the .125 thickness for the outer ring on the pulley?

I'm about to draw it it and order material. Stop me now if you guys don't want these.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
didnt subtract the ring thickness. im thinking less is more approach. wouldnt it be a hella easier and nicer to just have a adapter and eliminate the cush? looking for ssome direction...

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
didnt subtract the ring thickness. im thinking less is more approach. wouldnt it be a hella easier and nicer to just have a adapter and eliminate the cush? looking for ssome direction...
yea I mean I would machine you a spacer that would replace the bowl thats attached to your hub and space it out to accept your sprocket. Be a big chuck of Aluminum

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hmm, I want to do this chain drive but seems like a whole lot a work to keep the stock rim. Make me an adapter, whatever is easier for you. Can u pm me a estimate? Thanks for your help.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts