Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me If the axle size (wheel bearing inside dia.) on a early (03 to 07) xb buell or a late xb( 08 and up) is the same as a 09 v rod?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can anyone tell me If the axle size (wheel bearing inside dia.) on a early (03 to 07) xb buell or a late xb( 08 and up) is the same as a 09 v rod?
I believe the XB bearings are larger than the 09, which i think are inch, when i get to the shop I will get the measurments for you. Also you will need to add a spacer between the XB hub and sprocket, which we make to get correct wheel alignment, approx 1 inch thick.
Tim Doherty

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, if they are bigger than 1 inch maybe check the old 3 spoke tube frame style wheels I think they are 1 inch.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
The Buell XB bearings are as follows:

Rear = 6006LU
OD = 55mm
ID = 30mm
Width = 13mm

Front = 6005LU
OD = 47mm
ID = 25mm
Width = 12mm

To use a stock rear axle you need wheel spacers that not only laterally position wheel but also make the diameter of the axle fit into the bearing. For the front you can turn down an early axle to just under 25mm or, what I did, use an 08 or newer axle that fits right in.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Buell XB bearings are as follows:

Rear = 6006LU
OD = 55mm
ID = 30mm
Width = 13mm

Front = 6005LU
OD = 47mm
ID = 25mm
Width = 12mm

To use a stock rear axle you need wheel spacers that not only laterally position wheel but also make the diameter of the axle fit into the bearing. For the front you can turn down an early axle to just under 25mm or, what I did, use an 08 or newer axle that fits right in.
yes you are correct in your post.Also for under 40 bucks (frt & rear)you can also install the correct ID and OD bearings. also once you figure out the spacer lenghts we have literally thousands of them in stock.750 and 1.00 id's, since we manufacture wheel spacer kits. not trying to make a sale just trying to help. I believe my son Josh has the correct part numbers for the bearings. If you need the numbers call him 800 956 9409

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
yes you are correct in your post.Also for under 40 bucks (frt & rear)you can also install the correct ID and OD bearings. also once you figure out the spacer lenghts we have literally thousands of them in stock.750 and 1.00 id's, since we manufacture wheel spacer kits. not trying to make a sale just trying to help. I believe my son Josh has the correct part numbers for the bearings. If you need the numbers call him 800 956 9409

Here is the center bearing spacers.

Rear spacer tube length: 202.8 +/- 0.05mm, 7.984 +/- 0.002 inch
Front spacer tube length: 107.9 +/- 0.05mm, 4.248 +/- 0.002 inch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts