Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a chain drive for wide tire vrods?

the only one I have found requires buell wheels and uses aluminum sprockets...

thanks - mike:banghead:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are there chain drive systems for VRSCA models?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still looking for a chain conversion for my DX

want to keep stock wheels and all...

anyone??

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
I'm telling ya.. check with Steve at V-Mod. They used to offer an adapter you could use with the cush drive. It should not be that hard to make it work for the wider wheel on the DX. The only thing they may still have to fabricate (which they can), is the front sprocket with an offset that will match that of the wider rim. I don't think the Destroyer front sprocket is offset far enough for a 240.

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Well, I just did a little checking.... one of my V-Rod's is running Buell wheels with a 210 Metzler and using the Destroyer front sprocket and keeping things in line, I have about 20mm left between the chain and the edge of the tire.

That being said, I'm not so sure the DX wheels would allow for the sprocket being placed that far inward.

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
J-Rodvrscr said:
anyone thats gone chain driven......is there a difference in noise that you've heard?
You do hear a little more noise, but let's face it, there is no reason to run a chain unless you are drag racing a need the ratio changing capibility. Then noise should not be an issue since you are running loud exhaust anyway.

The belts being used on the V-Rods are very strong. Many 150HP plus bikes run them without any breakage. I have been drag racing on my BB Stroker with a 240 on the rear and 1 narrow (7/8") SE belt for over a year now without a single issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts