Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
FLY ROD said:
Does the Baffle come out of the CFR? Anybody DYNO TUNE with the baffle out?
THey come with a small amount of packing, they are so loud I couldn't imagine taking the packing out and making them any louder.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
extree baffle

O mighty blue superman, Can you tell me more of this ......baffle. What is the advantage of this one over stock. Goes in but does not come out??
Thanks
and by the way how's the Tick?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Jegs 3" vortex cone baffle. P/N 329-72-32520. $69.99 go to: http://www. jegs.com Search the for.... Works great, and made the CFR sound great!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are you going to take the baffle out?? I just put one IN!! I rode along the Muzzipi rivier and going up the hills I thought the CFR felt like a jackhammer on my head! Sounded nice but after about four hours I developed a bit of a headache. My ears felt like I had been on a plane for hours.

I just put the Vortex cone in. It doesn't really reduce the volume much but it seems to take the bite out of it. Around 70mph and up it doesn't seem as relatively loud with the cone. It's a nice sound and mixed in with the wind it doesn't feel like sitting on a top fueler. Quite pleasant actually.

If you want it louder you may want some earplugs!!
:cheers:

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
I just put the Vortex cone in. It doesn't really reduce the volume much but it seems to take the bite out of it. Around 70mph and up it doesn't seem as relatively loud with the cone. It's a nice sound and mixed in with the wind it doesn't feel like sitting on a top fueler. Quite pleasant actually.

If you want it louder you may want some earplugs!!
:cheers:[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with this statement.......The cone does work to control ear bleeds and headaches......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts