Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a CFR pipe on my 04 A. Allways looking at other exhausts and am now thinking about the Rinehart 2:1 that most guys seem to really like and looks nice. Can anyone tell me if the Rinehart 2:1 is quiter than the CFR. Considering another 2:1 for longer rides and keeping the CFR for shorter romps which is about 75% of my riding. I'm guessing the performance is about the same.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
The rinehart is not neccessarily quieter, it just has a different tone. It is not as deep as the CFR, but about the same loudness. I am pretty confident that the Rinehart will make more power judging by the Dyno shootout at Gails this year!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Max held the dB meter on a bunch of bikes at Gails... but without trying to sift through that data (the video is not yet cut up and organized), I can tell you that my veryunscientific opinion from standing next to them is that the Rinehart is a bit quieter. Plus the exhaust is longer, so the noise is further away from you.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I hit 120 db with my Rinehart, so it isn't too quiet :stilpoke: :hidesbeh:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
My bike is at 17:30 in the sound files video, check it out if you can!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
streetrodder06 said:
My bike is at 17:30 in the sound files video, check it out if you can!!
Just noticed your 118+ HP, outstanding and great TQ also.

I think you just convinced me to order the Rinehart 2:1. Where is a good place to get one?

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
There is no doubt that the Rinehart makes better power than the CFR.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Check the Group buy section. There is a link there. Or, just go to V-mod.com and order it from Steve. Tell em I sent ya!!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
drhooligan said:
Just noticed your 118+ HP, outstanding and great TQ also.

I think you just convinced me to order the Rinehart 2:1. Where is a good place to get one?
It took almost 3 hours on a dyno to get there!! If you are running the SERT PM me for a MAP!!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I think it has to do with the guy tuning it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So your making 118 hp. The 08's claim 123 hp "out of the box". What do you figure we should be able to get to with your similar set-up with the 1250 cc motor?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
shinobi said:
So your making 118 hp. The 08's claim 123 hp "out of the box". What do you figure we should be able to get to with your similar set-up with the 1250 cc motor?
The 08's claim 123 at the crank not back tire. After years of dyno shoot outs don't change pipes to gain hp. In fact some of the best numbers come off SE pipes IMHO and usually a cfr on the same dyno does almost the exact same as a set of rinehart's.

According to a db meter at the rally the rinehart's were louder then the cfr by about 3 db on average.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
SOUND
I just installed the RH 2:1 after using a CFR for about a year and a "modified CFR" for a couple of months. They are both loud but it is a different loud with the RH and it is further back and it resonates very nicely when letting off the throttle. No video sound clip does it any justice IMHO

PERFORMANCE

The pipe has a better curve than the CFR with crisp throttle response throughout the RPM/TPS range. I used my best CFR MAP as a Base to tune the RH and had to increase the VE tables through the midrange and top end.

I tried STREETRODERS MAP and it is very nice except for the decel popping but the pipe runs much better with a lower AFR in the MID to TOP end.

Another interesting note is I noticed no major differences as far as having equal length headpipes with the stock stacks as far as the VE table changes.

Both are nice pipes but I do prefer the RH.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts