Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an experiment yesterday by running Cheatin Pipes, V-MODS and CFR. I did multiple tunning runs logging AFR at 0.2, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, and 1 second logging intervals. I did multiple acceleration runs in all gears to redline and normal highway cruzing and corrected the VE tables accordingly. I did this with each pipe config until the actual AFR was spot on to the commanded AFR. The AFR was in th 13's until 7000 rpm's and then in the twelves to redline.

Findings:

CFR had best Seat of the pants best throttle response, smoothness and acceleration to redline with an awesome midrange bump, CFR hands down. It was also the only config that would consistently break the rear tire loose.

Cheatin pipes are tinny and had the poorest throttle response, took a long time to dial in but still had decel popping that I could not tune out. Also there was a significant difference in the VE tables from front to rear cylinder!

V_MODS (home done, not from v-mod) easiest to dial in, good smooth cruzing at highway speeds. gears seemed longer and took a little longer to get to redline No decel popping.

So needless to say the CFR will stay on my bike!

Tuned with SERT, Twin Scan II and Wego AFR monitoring!

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Can you post dyno charts?
I do not have access to a dyno! I tune my bike with a SERT by feel and the way I ride.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
DTHDOC said:
I do not have access to a dyno! I tune my bike with a SERT by feel and the way I ride.
Oohhh.... Logging AFR as in Twinscan.... :chair:

Nevermind. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts