Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the torque spec for the figure 8 clamp and the rubber mount bolt?

·
Billy
509 Posts
GreysonWinfield said:
Does anyone have the torque spec for the figure 8 clamp and the rubber mount bolt?
My CFR has slipped off at least 3 times. It is very aggravating when you are away from tools. The only luck I have had keeping it on is to tighten the nut and then tap on the figure 8 clamp with a 16 oz hammer. The nut will then turn another 3/4 turn or so to achieve max tightness. It has only slipped off once since tapping with hammer. Good luck.

·
Loud and Proud
628 Posts
A word a caution!

A word a caution! You should inspect the rubber mount after every few rides. The rubber mount on mine was completely split in half. I was lucky to catch it when I was putting on my 240 kit. When that thing breaks the only thing that is holding on the pipe is the clamp at the headers. If it slips out from the camp your CFR pipe is going bye! bye!

I was thinking about rigging something up as a safety to keep the pipe from slipping out, because that could be disastrous for anyone ridding behind you.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vrod-Mike said:
Crank it till it won't turn anymore. :hidesbeh:
When I go to push for that last turn shuold I break out the BFH?

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts