Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a map for this? It is already mapped for everything but the baffle and wondering if I will have to make any chages once I install that.

Thanks,

Glenn

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
I'll second that. I plan on making several baffle changes until I get it right. Will a re-map be needed for every change??

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
904 Posts
After I installed the ThunderMonster "gunsight" baffles, the bike ran fine without a re-map... BUT it ran a lot richer (ran out of gas 20 miles short of my usual range!). I installed Biker Bill's map (for CFR/K&M/Topless/with Vortex Cone) thinking it might be similar enough, but I'm not happy with that. I get some pronounced bogging on hard accelleration from low rpms.

Unless I find another map to try, I think I'll just remove the baffles and put 'er back the way she was. I tried them out of sheer curiosity -- since they had made such a noticeable improvement on my old Samsons, I wanted to see if I'd see the same kind of improvement with the CFR pipe. I didn't.

I didn't notice any "seat-of-the-pants" difference after installing them, although that's not to say you wouldn't if the map was tweaked accordingly! For myself, I don't have the patience to screw with it, so I'll probably just pull them out.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
baldharleydude said:
After I installed the ThunderMonster "gunsight" baffles, the bike ran fine without a re-map... BUT it ran a lot richer (ran out of gas 20 miles short of my usual range!). I installed Biker Bill's map (for CFR/K&M/Topless/with Vortex Cone) thinking it might be similar enough, but I'm not happy with that. I get some pronounced bogging on hard accelleration from low rpms.

Unless I find another map to try, I think I'll just remove the baffles and put 'er back the way she was. I tried them out of sheer curiosity -- since they had made such a noticeable improvement on my old Samsons, I wanted to see if I'd see the same kind of improvement with the CFR pipe. I didn't.

I didn't notice any "seat-of-the-pants" difference after installing them, although that's not to say you wouldn't if the map was tweaked accordingly! For myself, I don't have the patience to screw with it, so I'll probably just pull them out.
Your right. My map you ran/run, I had to tweek myself to run right with my setup. Chopper Steve gave me an excellent point to start at. It ran rich until I leaned it out. If you put a baffle in it on top of the Vortex you'll more then likely need to lean it out more. You'll need to pull some fuel at the RPM at which it bogs down. When you start getting into setups not normally being run especially between model years, the only way to be sure of a proper tune is to get it Professionally Dyno Tunned.:D

904 Posts
...the only way to be sure of a proper tune is to get it Professionally Dyno Tuned.
Yeah, but I'm a cheap bastard! I'd much rather find someone else with a duplicate setup that can afford to spend the $300 for a professional tune, and then beg a copy of the map from him! Besides, I can't see spending that kind of money when I'm simply "experimenting". Too many other things on my wish list that I'd rather be spending the cash on...

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
baldharleydude said:
Yeah, but I'm a cheap bastard! I'd much rather find someone else with a duplicate setup that can afford to spend the $300 for a professional tune, and then beg a copy of the map from him! Besides, I can't see spending that kind of money when I'm simply "experimenting". Too many other things on my wish list that I'd rather be spending the cash on...
Tim, PM sent.:D

904 Posts
Tim, PM sent.
Thanks Biker Bill, you're a good man! PM'd you back.

Just for clarification, the original map I was running (posted by "creep" for stock 1130/CFR/K&M/topless) is the one that was way too rich once the baffles were installed. Worked great without the baffles, but not after. I tried Biker Bill's "vortex cone" map just for shits & giggles, thinking that the back pressure induced by the TM baffles might be similar to the cone, but that map gave me some bottom-end throttle response issues...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts