Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) OK so I used to have the SE 2:1:2 shotgun pipes. They were cool... But I wanted a 2:1 so installed a CFR pipe (with VMOD baffle) it sounds GREAT. Like a dragster on 2 wheels. I DEF need a tune though, flat spots can be felt while riding (in the 4-5000 rpm range) & bogging can be heard when twisting the throttle. Cruising is good, I just can't romp on it yet. Also it uses gas like a PIG (untuned)

2) The clutch is great as well. The lever is noticeably easier to pull in & when I'm in traffic, my hand doesn't bother me like it used too with the stock clutch. Great product.

3) Amsoil... After everything you've heard.... BELIEVE THE HYPE :notworth:

Yes it's that good. I previously used HD 20w-50 SYN-3, however after riding with the Amsoil in my bike for about 5 minutes it's UNFRIGGIN REAL how much smoother the bike shifts now. I'd equate SYN-3 to having sand in your gear box, lol (No BS) Simply by adding the Amsoil the bike, it now shifts butter smooth from gears 1-2, as well as gears 3-4-5. It's like driving a car with an automatic transmission that's how smooth it is. I can find N immediately at a stop sign. Before it'd be a PITA to find it. I'd over shoot to 2nd gear & then mess with it until I found it, frustrating to say the least. I had a extra qt of SYN-3 on the shelf & I gave it to my buddy. lol. Bottom line: I am amazed @ the difference between Amsoil & SYN-3.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Could it be the new clutch has smoothed out your shifts?

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Good write up.

If your bike had the Stage 1 flash for the SE 16ga pipes, you'll need to have it reflashed to stock before downloading any of the maps here for your race tuner. If you try to have the bike dyno tuned, it'll drive the tuner crazy with that flash in there.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good write up.

If your bike had the Stage 1 flash for the SE 16ga pipes, you'll need to have it reflashed to stock before downloading any of the maps here for your race tuner. If you try to have the bike dyno tuned, it'll drive the tuner crazy with that flash in there.
I'm taking it back to Vreelands. They tuned my bike when they installed the SE cams.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I suggest you double check you connection between the headers and CFR after a few heat cycles. If you have a slight leak there it will be tough to tune. I found that I had to buy a pipe expander and open up the header pipes a tiny bit to get a really good seal. The figure eight clamp is a PITA too, buy some single band clamps from Summit or Jegs.
JMO

·
Registered
546 Posts
I suggest you double check you connection between the headers and CFR after a few heat cycles. If you have a slight leak there it will be tough to tune. I found that I had to buy a pipe expander and open up the header pipes a tiny bit to get a really good seal. The figure eight clamp is a PITA too, buy some single band clamps from Summit or Jegs.
JMO
:them:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Congrat on the work you done!!

Bike looks really great.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrat on the work you done!!

Bike looks really great.
Thanks Rod, Your clutch tool was shipped back to you today. (FED EX) Thanks again!:notworth:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts