Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread, I saw this link:

http://www.harleycustom.com/Prod-Ca...Harley-davidson_V_Rod_Motorcycles-26-499.html

3 Items down is the mystical CFR seat. I contacted them to see if it was actually available, and got the following response:

Hi Sean,

Lead time is 2 weeks from date of order.

Let me know if you have any other questions and we will get back to you as
soon as possible.

Many thanks

Nick
I have a second note in to confirm that this is the seat for the 2003-2006 narrow-frame bikes, but it looks promising.

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
Wow.... I was just telling someone today how rare these seats were.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on the fence about posting this as I want to be the first one in line before the rush starts :D

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
I was on the fence about posting this as I want to be the first one in line before the rush starts :D
Got your order in first? :D

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting for confirmation on the frame, but sent them a note asking them to put me first in line if the flood starts.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
very cool to hear ,only prob ,wasnt there quite a few with fitment issues last batch they did ,i seem to remember a few grumblings that the quality and fitment was a bit lacking ,hope they got that squared away ,

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Wow.... I was just telling someone today how rare these seats were.
LOL WILL!!! What are the odds?!?! Indeed these seats looked like impossible to get, I was already starting conversations for a C&C seat with some stitching. Any ideas how these two "brands" might compare?
For what I've seen around, both of them run a little bit shorter on the airbox cover side, exposing the white factory sticker?

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Ok, I received CFRs reply regarding my questions, Probably the same ones Sean asked, here it is:

No single seat will work on the 180 frames, HD didn't do it because the rear
part does not stay down when the front part of the seat is locked!

We eliminated this problem with the 240 seats with a "plug", but not the
180's so we offer to "cover your stock seat" or we have the two piece seat.

soon as possible.

Many thanks

Nick

One possible solution to that raised-butt issue can be to use the pillion baseplate like Big-Will did, what do you think Willy?

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
Ok, I received CFRs reply regarding my questions, Probably the same ones Sean asked, here it is:

No single seat will work on the 180 frames, HD didn't do it because the rear
part does not stay down when the front part of the seat is locked!

We eliminated this problem with the 240 seats with a "plug", but not the
180's so we offer to "cover your stock seat" or we have the two piece seat.

soon as possible.

Many thanks

Nick

One possible solution to that raised-butt issue can be to use the pillion baseplate like Big-Will did, what do you think Willy?

I think I don't reply to people when I'm called Willy

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Ok so I hope no one get offended this time... can anyone tell me if this is true??? I've stated extensively it's a 180 tire bike, NOT a 240 tire framed 2006 SE, and that using the pillion baseplate might help filling up the gap between seat and fender...

That is a SEagle V-Rod which had it's own seat, they don't make them anymore, nor will ANY other V-Rod Seat fit that bike as they only fit that bikes rear fender!
The rear fender on a SE V-Rod is Larger than a 180 V-Rod 2002-2006 and Smaller than the 2007 & Up V-Rods, so it's really different!
So someone would have to take the bike in the shop and make the seat pan to that specific bike!
No seat I have will fit that bike!
You will have to have a seat guy take the bike and make the mold for it, then you have the problem of the rear raising up as there's nothing to hold it down once it's on.*

·
Banned
8,925 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok so I hope no one get offended this time... can anyone tell me if this is true??? I've stated extensively it's a 180 tire bike, NOT a 240 tire framed 2006 SE, and that using the pillion baseplate might help filling up the gap between seat and fender...

That is a SEagle V-Rod which had it's own seat, they don't make them anymore, nor will ANY other V-Rod Seat fit that bike as they only fit that bikes rear fender!
The rear fender on a SE V-Rod is Larger than a 180 V-Rod 2002-2006 and Smaller than the 2007 & Up V-Rods, so it's really different!
So someone would have to take the bike in the shop and make the seat pan to that specific bike!
No seat I have will fit that bike!
You will have to have a seat guy take the bike and make the mold for it, then you have the problem of the rear raising up as there's nothing to hold it down once it's on.*
Isat foreal ??? I coulda swore they were the same fenders except for paint(of course). Can someone verify this ??

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yep, found it the hard way.... 180 rear fender in the 05 SE is the same as other 180's, but the 06 SE 240 rear fender is different from other year's 240's :banghead:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158802
Oh the SE2. Ya that makes sense since its got that trim pc on the bottom edge. I thought you were refering to the 05's. That was their first experiment with the 240 rear if I'm not mistaken. The DX came out the yr after didn't it ??

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
I am suprised the company selling these CFR seats says they are a 2 week lead time... I wonder who is making them? -

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
I ordered this CFR $488 seat from Nick at harleycustoms.com for my 08DX and got it 3 weeks later. It's a C&C seat for $349 sold by grcustoms.com. It may be that same shape but it's not the same stitching. In stead of the front and back panels being stitched together they have added a third piece so you have 3 panels in total.:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts