Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
V-Mod.com
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CFR Owners. I have developed a Queit Baffle for the late model CFR Pipes. [ Pipes with riveted end cap ] This will substantially quiet down the exhaust at lower RPM's and still have a nice Bark on the upper end.
Does require some tools to install, drilling and tapping are required. Or you can send your exhaust in for installation.
The Baffle runs $149 and the Baffle with installation is $199
We also sell new CFR's with this Baffle installed.
Custom PC-3 or PC-V MAPs available and included with purchase.
Any questions?? email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
While I love the pipe, I could certainly go for a little bit of the bark being taken off - and I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate it too! Do you have a sound clip of the CFR with the baffle installed? If so, please post a link - I would love to give a listen. What type of impacts does it have on performance? Any noticeable difference? I appreciate the info!!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
While I love the pipe, I could certainly go for a little bit of the bark being taken off - and I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate it too! Do you have a sound clip of the CFR with the baffle installed? If so, please post a link - I would love to give a listen. What type of impacts does it have on performance? Any noticeable difference? I appreciate the info!!
:them:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Will this add some back pressure in order to get some of the lower end torque back? I have been looking at the torque cone for mine and saw this and thought this may work as well.

Thanks,

Brian

·
V-Mod.com
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B P.

The baffle does add some Backpressure and does change the power curve some what. i do not want to claim its a big change. Its not. Just a much better sound [ IMHO ] I have been riding with it for the last few days and its much nicer in Town. Still a great deep sound, but you can behave when you need to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay, so I got mine in the mail this last week, and I'm installing it and taking it to the best dyno tuner around here in central Illinois, so we'll see what happens. I've got really hopes and will certainly post the results of both the sound reduction and dyno results. I may also post a vid on YouTube.com so you can hear the difference. I'm psyched!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I'm interested in the baffle as well and I'd also like to know how you keep these things from dragging every time you make a right turn. :banghead:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay, so I got mine in the mail this last week, and I'm installing it and taking it to the best dyno tuner around here in central Illinois, so we'll see what happens. I've got really hopes and will certainly post the results of both the sound reduction and dyno results. I may also post a vid on YouTube.com so you can hear the difference. I'm psyched!
Fantastic! Perfect timing. I'm planning to order my CFR this month but I am concerned about the sound.

Can't wait to hear the difference. Please keep us posted! Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I installed mine and just took it over to the tuner this morning. However, I must say it is quieter than it was previously with the Vortex cone in it. My wife even commented this morning, "hey, it didn't even rattle the pictures on the walls when you started it up!". While riding it over to the tuner, the main thing I noticed was that it still had a nice sound, but I did not get the resonance in my full face that I did previously, which is what really drove me nuts! When I get the dyno results in 2-3 days, I'll certainly share. Currently, I'm running topless, the CFR, Screaming Eagle filter with a Race Tuner. Will keep you all posted on the final results....more to come!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alright, I got my bike back from the tuner tonight. I have to say I absolutely love the baffle. Got rid of the resonance in the full face helmet, and is considerably quieter. However, when you twist the throttle, the pipe still comes to life. This thing is a great product - kudos!

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Alright, I got my bike back from the tuner tonight. I have to say I absolutely love the baffle. Got rid of the resonance in the full face helmet, and is considerably quieter. However, when you twist the throttle, the pipe still comes to life. This thing is a great product - kudos!
video with audio please........

·
Rip it up!
301 Posts

Gotta hear and see!

·
"Dude"
53 Posts

I really need to hear this Quiet Baffle in the CFR. Install pics would be nice as well.

Unless I can find something to drop the sound down a bit my CFR will be coming off, as its way to loud for me.

·
Registered
829 Posts

That is great news as I wear a full face and stayed away from the CFR for that reason.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,060 Posts
Anyone hear or see a video of this baffle yet? Steve at vmod says there are a few floating around on youtube.

Heres a pic that Steve sent me-

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts