Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 08NRS with CFR pipe, SE high flow filter. no mods to air box top, nor is it off. No other engine mods

Okay so I called V&H today here is my dilema:

The bike still pops on decel and when I wack the throttle pretty hard. Now I know my fuelpak doesn't have a vast array of tuning capabilities. I had emailed them before. I have the setting FP2131, they told me to adjust mode 23 down to 21. Now when I called him today he told me I could try and drop mode 23 down one more to 20, but I could have issues with the bike stalling. Obviously I don't want that. Does anyone out there have this particular combination and have a setup that may work better than what I have. He told me there wasn't much else I could change. Is he right? It's hard to settle with an answer " I can't really help you. If that's the case, maybe I need a PCIII? or something else even?

thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Double check the CFR for leaks, mine was a pain to get sealed. I had to use a pipe expander on the headers to get them to fit right. Don't know about your fueler, I use a PC3 K&N and CFR on a stock bike and it works very well. I did have it dyno tuned.
Good luck

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check the CFR for leaks, mine was a pain to get sealed. I had to use a pipe expander on the headers to get them to fit right. Don't know about your fueler, I use a PC3 K&N and CFR on a stock bike and it works very well. I did have it dyno tuned.
Good luck

The seal seems good. The CFR is not sloppy on the header, and is actually a pretty good fit (or so it seems) How do i know exactly how tight it should fit over stock headers?

When you had leaks did you get spotting on your pipe? I am trying to figure out how I can get that spotting off. I sprayed oven cleaner on a rag and tried to wipe the spots off, but they didn't want to come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts