Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, start off easy... Put bike on lift. If you have one. You don't have to have one but it'll keep you off the floor and make drinking a few brews easier...

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This pic is of the stock exhaust removed. I found it easier to remove the mufflers then the head pipes and collector assembly from the cylinder heads first. Then remove the collector from the head pipes (hardest part of the job). Losely assemble the head pipes back to the heads.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the rear break with the poly bushing removed and the new Kosman pivot ready to recieve the stock bushing. I used a washer the same size as the bushing and a nut and bolt in a bench vice to press the bushing out of the stock pedal. Then just pressed it into the Kosman piece.

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I guess this is the point where you take a break and have that first beer!!??

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the Kosman right side peg mount, rear break lever, forward control plug, and pivot installed. You remove the two stock bolts from the frame and replace with Kosman supplied pieces. They are very tight and must be tightened together evenly. The pivot and plug are gravey to install, although you'll need a need cotter key, I don't recommend reusing them.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rjrivero said:
I guess this is the point where you take a break and have that first beer!!??
I was wondering when you would chime in :D ...I forgot... At anytime you feel famished please consume you favorite beverage

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the pic of the foot peg and new (reused shift linkage) break linkage taken from the left side installed. Pretty straight forward.... I also installed my new CFR pipe. One pipe clamp up front (reuse stock clamp) and three nuts on the stock location on the rear.... gravey.... oh yeah, touque to spec.. make it tight!!

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here I just wanted to show how close the fit is between the new parts..... Great fit and finish!!! :plause:

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
No Offense intended. Please continue. I'm having another Beer.....

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the left side stripped of both upper and lower belt guards, sprocket guard, and shift linkage.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rjrivero said:
No Offense intended. Please continue. I'm having another Beer.....
Damn bro.... It is monday morning yeah know..... Oh well, Wahoo!!!! :boobs:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the left side forward plug installed and shift arm removed awaiting the Kosman shifter.(red arrows)

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New shifter installed, it just slips over the splines of the trans shift rod, mid control, and peg installed.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please note the angle of the shifter. To much lower and I can't get my foot under and too much higher and It will hit the engine cover during an up shift... although you could grind away some material if need be. This shifter is plenty strong and could be thinned out a little to clearance this issue.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finished.... I also installed my PCIII usb. This install has been covered before so I won't go over that again. Buy the way.... Beer O'clock!!!! what do yeah say rjrivero???? :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Excellent job, Bill. Now, you need longer shocks so you can corner, reduce the rake up front, bigger gas tank. Where have I seen that?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Daniii said:
Excellent job, Bill. Now, you need longer shocks so you can corner, reduce the rake up front, bigger gas tank. Where have I seen that?
Hmmmmnnnn.... I wonder????

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hogpro said:
How does the shifter / brake feel and perform. Do you like the ridind position?
Shifts great!!! No more slop in the linkage because there isn't any!!! Riding position is great, brakes work just like before, although I am thinking about adding some seat foam or a new seat.. about an inch taller... maybe not.. I'll need more seat time to make up my mind. I have about 350-400 miles on this set up and love it!!!

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Nice job Bill!! You posted feedback on the riding position but what about the CFR pipe? Are you happy with the sound and performance??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts