Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get an exhaust for an '08 VRSCD and will get it tuned (Power Commander V). Is the CFR a better quality exhaust? I've read about the coating on the Danmoto exhaust flaking or fading, but I'm more concerned about the welds cracking.

·
Registered
372 Posts
DanMoto Black coating is garbage, welds seem to be holding up fine. I extended my can and had them ceramic coated. I'm not sure if you can get a CFR anymore... I could be wrong though..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a CFR on my wife's Night Rod spc. in 2007 and it is still holding up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed the Danmoto a month ago. Like everyone says the paint is crap so I wrapped my exhaust, it didn't fit all that well but I managed to get it on but had to make a new bracket as there was no way it would be able to use the original sent with the pipe. Oh and don't forget to get different exhaust gaskets as they are not compatible with original.
Basically you get what you pay for 😆

·
Registered Used
338 Posts
I've had a Stainless Dan Moto on my Streetrod for the last two years, what a noise!!!. Yes I had to mess around with the bracket but no big deal. I think it is very well made and fits like a glove. Yes it took a bit of time to fit but if you line it up properly, parallel with the frame, no sag, and push the end pipe as far as it will go, as tolerances are very fine, it is a very good fit.Also the stainless polishes up like chrome with a bit of elbow grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts