Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got my Chrome CFR today, and in the garage trying to install it. Well having problems removing the Aux section. This is the protion before the stock slip-on. Look in the manual and it pretty vague. Is there a trick in removing this section, so I can slip the CFR on. Thanks

Mike

btw this is an 03.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
a big freaking hammer, they are a real pain in the ass

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Michael H said:
Well, got my Chrome CFR today, and in the garage trying to install it. Well having problems removing the Aux section. This is the protion before the stock slip-on. Look in the manual and it pretty vague. Is there a trick in removing this section, so I can slip the CFR on. Thanks

Mike

btw this is an 03.

It's a real PITA. I put a long prybar on it and used a BFH to pound the $hit out of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok...was kind of hesitance, I'll go try it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k, got it out. That figure 8 clamp is a PITA to put over the CFR. Think I'm going to the hardware store in the AM and get one that will fit better.

BTW- Mike, did a search on CFR Install, notice you mention in buying a new clamp. Are these hard to find or can you get it at your local home store. Thanks

m

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Michael H said:
k, got it out. That figure 8 clamp is a PITA to put over the CFR. Think I'm going to the hardware store in the AM and get one that will fit better.

BTW- Mike, did a search on CFR Install, notice you mention in buying a new clamp. Are these hard to find or can you get it at your local home store. Thanks

m
To re-use the figure eight clamp and make it easier to put on the cfr get a very large hose clamp and wrap it around both pipes. Tighten the clamp until the pipes pull together enough to just slide the figure eight clamp right on. :)

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Michael H said:

m

I said to use a new clamp because HD recommends a new one whenever the old one is removed. I think the only place you will find that clamp is at an HD dealer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update. Used Max idea and used 2 large hose clamps, tighten down enough to installed the figure 8 clamp. CFR installed and currently using Creeps download. Took her for a quick spin and (WOW!!!!) all seem good. Once again, thanks ALL!!!

Mike

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
I have had my original clamp on and off a dozen times and it still works fine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts