Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any anecdotal experience with the CFR Fueler/Tuner?
Purchased a CFR pipe for the wife's DX and was wondering what others feel about this.
Only other mod will be topless, and a High flow air cleaner.
Thanks for your time.

Jim

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Hmm, I didn't have any issues with the one I had. It was set up great and the bike ran fine. If you have no interest in doing any other mods, I think it's fine, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anybody have any anecdotal experience with the CFR Fueler/Tuner?
Purchased a CFR pipe for the wife's DX and was wondering what others feel about this.
Only other mod will be topless, and a High flow air cleaner.
Thanks for your time.

Jim
So what did you decide to do?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Fatboi1959

Jim,
I have an 08 dx with the CFR and CFR tuner.I put the pipe and fueler on the bike quite fast so I didn't have a lot of seat time stock.But all said the bike was faster stock.That is untill I started playing with the tuner.The fueler came with two base settings 08 v-rod and 08 stage one.I initially installed it without monkeying with as per dealer instruction.They said they come set up and are plug and play.So I drove it around a while and it ran ok but I expected more.So without making this a real long story a cranked the red fuel up to 6 and tryed it again.Much better! Then 7 yahoo!! now were talkin!! So just off the top of my head I'm green 4.5,yellow 5,Red 7, blue green 3,blue yellow 3,blue and red 3.5.So everything is close to the stage 1 settings except for the red. Also, I'm running the s/e air filter topless.I have ordered the Thunder Monsters to help with the reversion issues of the cfr and to reduce the decel popping. I have added and taken away fuel with the blue green(mode4) and it seems to help adding some but the guys at thunder monster assure me it will go away with their product.Hope this helps,Jim

·
ride hard die hard
57 Posts
Hmm, I didn't have any issues with the one I had. It was set up great and the bike ran fine. If you have no interest in doing any other mods, I think it's fine, but that's just my opinion.
same here, less complicated to tune and works perfect have had it on my bike 5000 mi now

·
Registered Rod Owner
23 Posts
My CFR exhaust and fueler are on the way and I was wondering if there are any further adjustments needed to the fueler if the only mods on my '06 D is the CFR exhaust? Not topless....bone stock except for the pipe. Should it be good out of the box....??

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
My CFR exhaust and fueler are on the way and I was wondering if there are any further adjustments needed to the fueler if the only mods on my '06 D is the CFR exhaust? Not topless....bone stock except for the pipe. Should it be good out of the box....??
it should be, but you'll only be able to tell when you install it and ride the bike for a few miles.

·
Registered Rod Owner
23 Posts
it should be, but you'll only be able to tell when you install it and ride the bike for a few miles.
Ok.....I've installed the CFR Exhaust and fueler and did a 100 miler today to see what she's like. OMG!!! Great sound......cooler running bike........and decel popping has been totally eliminated. The factory settings on the CFR fueler are perfect for my riding style (semi-aggressive). I'm running the original air box with K&N Filter but not topless. Oil temp today 92 degress ambient air temp was staying at 202+- degrees.....fans never kicked on unless at a traffic signal for more than 3 minutes........power is up and the sewing machine sound is gone forever........

Fuel consumption is up of course...but this is the bike I wanted it to be. The 2006 Harley Davidson Night Rod was terribly de-tuned from the factory......and it took $775.00 AND 2 HOURS OF MY TIME TO CORRECT IT.

I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or what........I can't imagine even having to tweek the settings on the fueler. It's perfect. The pipe cleans up the bike's appearance and the sound is like thunder.......

Happy Cary Faas Racing customer here!!!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
CFR Fuleler vs. Screaming Eagle Race Tuner

Service manager at my dealer rides a 07 night rod and he advise me heavily against the CFR fueler. We are going with the Screaming Eagle race tuner. Did I make the right decision?

German

·
Rat_WA
21 Posts
I don’t suppose that he could be a little bit biased towards the SE seeing as that is what he sells :hmm:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just installed CFR exhaust and fueler and noticed that my idle is higher.
How do you change the idle or can I with the fueler?

Love the sound these pipes put out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts