Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed the CFR 2-in to-1 pipe and tuner on my 04' V-Rod B. I have noticed at idel the motor sounds like it's pinging, like when you have bad fuel. I filled up with high octane and put in a fuel booster. I am still getting the pinging sound. Has anybody had this same issue? Can I fix it with the tuner?

·
Rat_WA
21 Posts
I have an 05 with the CFR 2 into 1 and fueler, topless wth a K&N filter; when I first went naked I thought I had really screwed something up as the noise I sometimes got at idle was scary, finally pinned it down to the butterfly valves chattering.
This can be easily checked by gently twisting the throttle to just take up any play in the cables, if this stops the sound and you want to prove it for sure, just open up your air box, remove your filter, with your bike making the noise at idle gently apply pressure to each of the butterfly valves and see if the sound disappears

·
Registered
11 Posts
FACTORY
G-4, Y-3, R-2, GB-4, YB-4.5, RB-3

NIGHTMARE
G-3, Y-2.5, R-1, GB-5.5, YB-8, RB-6

DTHDOC
G-3, Y-2, R-1.5, GB-3.5, YB-3, RB-2.5

LIZARD
G-3, Y-3, R-1, GB-5.5, YB-8, RB6

SALIERI
G-3.5, Y-3, R-1, GB-5, YB-8, RB-6

DRAGON1
G-3.5, Y-3, R-1, GB-5, YB-8, RB-6

HI! late question to this thread: I have the CFR pipe and CFR fueler, thank god you guys posted these codes, otherwise i would have no idea what do to.

So far I've tried Nightmare and Factory. Factory made my exhaust MUCH quieter and the bike so much more tame. Nightmare COMPLETELY transformed the bike. The thing is a beast and sounds like it too.

Anyways, does anyone know which setting above would get best mileage?

(Or does anyone have the CFR fueler manual? that'd be great).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts