Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm officially out of the CFR Fueler business, so I though the least I could do was re-compile all the settings we've messed with over the past year and post them in a quick and convenient place.
Please keep your replies to this post related Fueler settings only! Thanks!

FACTORY
G-4, Y-3, R-2, GB-4, YB-4.5, RB-3

NIGHTMARE
G-3, Y-2.5, R-1, GB-5.5, YB-8, RB-6

DTHDOC
G-3, Y-2, R-1.5, GB-3.5, YB-3, RB-2.5

LIZARD
G-3, Y-3, R-1, GB-5.5, YB-8, RB6

SALIERI
G-3.5, Y-3, R-1, GB-5, YB-8, RB-6

DRAGON1
G-3.5, Y-3, R-1, GB-5, YB-8, RB-6

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Okay, I was using salieri's settings and I started noticing alot of popping lately through the whole power band. I decided to start back at the beginning and reset with stock settings. The popping has decreased a little bit, but still especially in first through third gear and within the 3-6 rpm range, I'm getting lots of popping while cruising. Does this mean I need to increase or decrease my green mode or is it the Green Blue mode? I'm planning on getting a SERT , but in the interim I want to get my settings as good as I can on the CFR tuner

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
ok... question time:
I have an "A" that is running Topless, with SE Slip-ons, and a Stage 1 ECM Flash from the Dealer.
I want to put on some VMODded pipes, maybe put the Airbox back on, and I have a recently purchased CFR Fueler on the way.

What do I need to set this thing at to make it work. Most of you guys running the CFR Fueler, are also running the CFR pipes. I'm also curious to my ECM settings now. Because of the SE Stage 1 am I going to have to counter those settings with the fueler, or will I need to return the settings to stock before installing the fueler?

Thanks for ANY help on this , as I am Clueless.

:cheers:

·
George
5,411 Posts
Keylor said:
ok... question time:
I have an "A" that is running Topless, with SE Slip-ons, and a Stage 1 ECM Flash from the Dealer.
I want to put on some VMODded pipes, maybe put the Airbox back on, and I have a recently purchased CFR Fueler on the way.

What do I need to set this thing at to make it work. Most of you guys running the CFR Fueler, are also running the CFR pipes. I'm also curious to my ECM settings now. Because of the SE Stage 1 am I going to have to counter those settings with the fueler, or will I need to return the settings to stock before installing the fueler?

Thanks for ANY help on this , as I am Clueless.

:cheers:
Dear Clueless in Miami....

Looking at those numbers.... they seem to be about where I was running the techlusion... Maybe the guts are the same as CFR????? I'd have to get home to check, but I think those numbers are real close to what I ran before I gave the v-mods to you

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
My Dyno Results

Ok ... Here's the print out and the numbers.

They explained it to me that I was running lean on the low end... Mid range was getting richer, and top end was going back lean. What do I need to adjust. Settings are now at:
G-3
Y-2.5
R-1.5
GB-5.5
YB-8
RB-6

I though it was too rich at the low ends.. and a little leaner in the mid and top ends... so I'm a bit confused as to what to tweak.

Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
How does she run, the numbers are good and the AFR is fine, this motor makes better power on the rich side!

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
DTHDOC said:
How does she run, the numbers are good and the AFR is fine, this motor makes better power on the rich side!
It runs good... I was thinking it was runing rich at the lower ends because it was just sucking the fuel down like there is no tomorrow... but the service guy told me the oppisite.. that it was runing LEAN on the low end (as he was pointing out on the printout)

So I'm not sure. Cruising at 4-6K seems smoother then being stuck in traffic at 2-4K.... then again I should be on the open road anyway :angeldev:

·
George
5,411 Posts
DTHDOC said:
I was just going to say the same, AF ration is ok below 5K and at 5K, but you need to richen it up above that.... BUT as I mentioned in your PM... why didn't they "tweak" it for you while it was on the dyno????

check the attached.... It might clear some stuff up in your head

PDF File

More pdf

Read this thread too!

·
George
5,411 Posts
oops... coulda made that smaller :)

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
capngeo said:
oops... coulda made that smaller :)
No Kidding... :rofl:

I'm not getting any Surging, or lagging... don't think it's popping at all.. runs Smoooth as far as I can tell. (although I have nothing to compare it with really) I was just mostly concerned with the low end A/F ratios. I thought that those 2-4K RPM numbers were too low... but if you guys say it's ok ... then so be it. Trust the folks here more then the Dealers these days.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Remember at the low end the engine is at a lower % of full rated power, and runing a LITTLE lean (which according to your print out.. you are) is fine... Now when you approach 100%, its a different story. I set up to run a little richer from 5K up (your powerband).. running lean there will blue pipes, burn pistons and valves. You can dial it in yourself on a trial and error basis... or have the goober who you paid to TUNE your bike on the dyno do it!

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
capngeo said:
Remember at the low end the engine is at a lower % of full rated power, and runing a LITTLE lean (which according to your print out.. you are) is fine... Now when you approach 100%, its a different story. I set up to run a little richer from 5K up (your powerband).. running lean there will blue pipes, burn pistons and valves. You can dial it in yourself on a trial and error basis... or have the goober who you paid to TUNE your bike on the dyno do it!
Didn't pay for a tune.. just a base run to get the numbers...

·
George
5,411 Posts
Keylor said:
Didn't pay for a tune.. just a base run to get the numbers...
OIC.... well let the moths out of that wallet!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy crap that's high!!! 115? Wow...

The curves look good, but the AFR does look kinda wacky. But if there's one thing that Doc's taught me, it's not the numbers that count so much with a dyno (unless it's a dyno drag) as how well she runs on the street. If she's running great and you're happy with it, who cares? Unless you start seeing super sooty black residue on your pipe or she's making bad engine noises, I wouldn't worry about it. Or you can try some one elses settings...the 8 & 6 at the end there are different than what some folks are running.

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
capngeo said:
OIC.... well let the moths out of that wallet!
Well.. ... the fact that they admittedly don't know anything about the CFR Fueler and said that they won't do a tune with it is one reason why I didn't force it.... when it was explained that the low end was running LEAN and 2 of you had looked at the same printout and said it was RICH, makes me think that they don't know what they would be doing if they WERE to tune it... :chair:

Like I said before, I trust all of you more then the dealer these days.

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
NightMare said:
the 8 & 6 at the end there are different than what some folks are running.
that's what most of you are running, and what I based most of my settings on. It's a smooth strong ride, no hesitation, no surging.... like I said , Was just wondering about those lower end A/F numbers and if boosting or cutting fuel would set those a little straighter, and which settings I should monkey around with to do that. Would it be better to fiddle with the GB mode (which separates the Idol and Cruise circuits) or what? the manual I have is a little vague on that.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Is your ECM still flashed with the "Stage 1" flash? I had a stage 1 flash and with the CFR I couldn't ever get my bike to run right with it. It was way too rich in the mid. Eventually I had my ECM flashed back to stock and went from there.

·
Skitzo? Perhaps...
669 Posts
C-Bone said:
Is your ECM still flashed with the "Stage 1" flash? I had a stage 1 flash and with the CFR I couldn't ever get my bike to run right with it. It was way too rich in the mid. Eventually I had my ECM flashed back to stock and went from there.
AS a matter of fact I do have a Stage I flash because I was running SE Slip ons, and a K&N Airfilter, and I've got VMOD's on it now. My Mids are ok .. It's the low end that I wan to tweak a bit if possible... otherwise it's good. very responsive.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Keylor said:
AS a matter of fact I do have a Stage I flash because I was running SE Slip ons, and a K&N Airfilter, and I've got VMOD's on it now. My Mids are ok .. It's the low end that I wan to tweak a bit if possible... otherwise it's good. very responsive.
The low end (under 3500rpm) is a bear to tune even with the SERT, this motor does not like that RPM range at all!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts