Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 11k and 10 mos down the road from when i bought and installed my chrome CFR pipe, it has a hole in it about the size of a magic marker head.
From looking at it the chrome looked to be flaking up, so while i was sitting on the curb in the rest area i grabbed a weed and i will be dammed if it isnt a hole!
No damage to the pipe, no discoloration, just looks to be extremly thin in that 1 spot, just past the lower guard where it is flaring up, so i sent a pic to Jerry at Gails where i bought it and he has made contact with CFR, they have not contacted him back yet as to what they may do for me. I hope they take care of this defect.

Kent

·
----->
7,589 Posts
wow that sucks. Would like to see a pic of that.
obtw Has your rubber bushing split in two yet?

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
The CFR is a great pipe but the finish on my black one SUCKS!!!, it has discollored, blistered and peeled!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
same here, my black finish is starting to discolor near the headers. just planning on wraping the header pipes and some of the cfr pipe. hopefully the entire pipe will not discolor later down the road.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now have a 3/16in rivit in the hole, still no word from CFR on replacing this defective pipe

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
I just had my pipe recoated by CFR. The pipe started flaking at the beginning of the cone and got worse. When I removed the pipe to send it back to CFR, I noticed that the entire pipe coming off the headers were turning colors. I hope it doesn't happen again. If so, it looks like RH's on the horizon. I thought about wrapping them, but I have heard that the black header wrap looks like crap after a few miles. I think someone stated that they paint them (wrap). Sounds like a PIA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts