Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was thinking about getting a CFR exhaust on a 2004 VRSCA the only reason it claims to have a loud low rumble any suggestions will be great.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,388 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.com .. U can also V Mod your stock pipes for a nice low rumble.

904 Posts
Welcome, and the CFR is certainly a good choice IMHO. It's loud, for sure -- but the best thing about this pipe is the rumble you get on deceleration, a base note that can't be described. Just have to experience it!

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
had the cfr on my 06 D and haven't heard anything that compared to it, also probably the lightest pipe you'll find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcome and for the information . I guess i have one other question did anyone use the CFR tuner or did you use another brand for mapping?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
904 Posts
I guess i have one other question did anyone use the CFR tuner or did you use another brand for mapping?
I've got the PowerCommander PCIII/USB on my '04-A -- downloaded a map one of the forum members had posted and it worked perfectly, didn;t have to tweak a thing. If you end up getting the CFR and a PCIII/USB, let me know and I'll send you the map. Pretty simple project to download a map onto the PowerCommander.

One thing more -- if you're going with the pipe, you should also upgrade to a low-restriction high performance air filter -- K&N or equal. Free-flow exhaust requires free-flow intake to keep things in balance.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I have the CFR with the PC3 as well, also tuned Frederick HD. The CFR is LOUD and light, simple to install. My only problems were the head pipes needed to be expanded a little to get a good seal. Pipe expander from Harbor Freight for $10 did the trick.
If you are close to the FS Key Bridge you can borrow mine and copy the map if you choose a PC3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys all the info is very helpful! Pwrman I'm about 20min. from the Key Bridge so I will keep in touch.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
You can listen to the CFR and many other exhausts on YOU TUBE.. just type in vrod exhaust and look and listen. curley

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
The CFR is my absolute favorite exhaust.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
UTUBE will not do it justice!

had the cfr on my 06 D and haven't heard anything that compared to it, also probably the lightest pipe you'll find.
It was also designed and tested "exclusively" for the Revo ONLY and by a V-Rod owner. That has meaning because many systems are simply adapted to the Revo from the Evo, a whole different animal. TH and Reinhart to name a few.

It has great "behavior" all across the rpm range with a modest boost at the top end. The sound is second to none and looks IMO are also 1st. Very light weight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks guys all the info is very helpful! Pwrman I'm about 20min. from the Key Bridge so I will keep in touch.
If the CFR is too loud you can modify it with a baffle I'm in the Annap area put CFR on last spring love the sound but after 15 min it was too much I fabricated a adjustable baffle with super traps disc and some stainless.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
If the CFR is too loud you can modify it with a baffle I'm in the Annap area put CFR on last spring love the sound but after 15 min it was too much I fabricated a adjustable baffle with super traps disc and some stainless.
They sell a baffle.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Excellent choice and lots of envy

I had it installed on my 08 VRSCAW and I could not be happier. The bike's look and profile changes from the all bulky double pipe setup. Single pipe is just the way to go.

I used the CFR tuner and have just about turned 10K miles on it. A lot of the time the air heads bitch about me leaving them way behind on take off and then they can't ride too close to me because I am too loud!!!. That is why airheads are a buch of old men!!

To top it off during downshifting, if you do it right, it will backfire enough to wake up anyone around :D

Don't hesitate and get it and you will not regret it.

German

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
To top it off during downshifting, if you do it right, it will backfire enough to wake up anyone around

I second that statement

1 - 20 of 22 Posts